Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for someone to install bird guard on top of chimney

Options
  • 24-08-2020 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Anyone know who I can go to for this? I asked the chimney sweep and they said to get a handyman, but with insurance. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Edit: in Letterkenny area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sorry, dont know anyone in the area myself but Im surprised your chimney sweep refused as they are the people who normally do it particularly if they are up on the roof with their brushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Thanks. Yeah thought they'd be the ones to do it, but guess I have to keep looking. Don't think they went up on the roof either while they were here, just pushed the brushes up from the fireplace.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not in the county but mine was installed by my chimney sweep also.

If someone is only able to do standard sweeping, not deal with blocked flues or do CCTV surveys etc they may not have the ladders, skills, kit etc.

Advertisement