Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC replacing the Keypad procedure

Options
  • 13-08-2020 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a HKC 10270. I got a new keypad that allows proximity tags to set/unset the alarm.

The alarm is currently unset. But when I power off the alarm on the circuit board, it sets off the siren.

So I left the power on and just removed the existing keypad and installed the new one. Now the new keypad shows the message:
    "Add & ID Keypad"

I have the HKC Securecomm app, so i tried to use the virtual keypad on the app to add a new keypad device under:
    Devices Menu -> Wired Devices -> Add & ID Devices -> Add & ID Keypads.
    It showws the message
    "Scanning keypads....

No devices found"

I'm lost

Whats the correct procedure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

I followed the below to reset the panel to default, but it didnt work. Still showing same message on the keypad

Remover the mains power.
    Remove the battery.
    Remove the factory link marked LK1.
    Power back up the panel

Edit: Actually The time and date was reset to default. But everything else is still same.

keypad shows the message:
    "Add & ID Keypad"

Advertisement