Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a steel shed for my back yard - Delivery + Installation

Options
  • 13-08-2020 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a steel shed for my back yard - Delivery + Installation. Typically 8ft x 6ft or 8ft x 8 ft. The main purpose is to put 2 bikes in the shed along with some other not frequently used items.

1. The cheapest Delivery + Installation option, I could see is at shedsdirectireland
    Any other cheaper option?

2. There is a a poly carbonate window option on one of the steel sheds - https://www.shedsdirectireland.com/product/cottage-shed/.
    Would you advise to put this considering security / safety reasons?

3. Any handyman who would install a steel shed if I buy a flat pack shed, at a reasonable rate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

you will need to have the base ready.
    Where do you need the shed?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,109 ✭✭✭✭looksee

My son bought 'cheapest' for a bit of bike and similar storage. It was the flimsiest, most useless thing that rattled and shook if you opened it. It had the sensation of walking into a tin can. It fell apart (it had been assembled by the suppliers, including a trip back to re-hang the door) in a few seasons. A similarly priced wooden shed would have been better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jack of all

Those "tin can" shed sold in Argos and the like are a waste of time- I've seen them in two different properties and in fact I assembled one of them for a neighbour of mine (who should have known better), what a waste of time and money. Flimsy is not the word! You really do get what you pay for, so be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Tow

You are looking at over twice the Shed Directs price for supply and fit of a strong steel shed. Plus the cost of a base.

https://www.admansteelsheds.ie/sheds/multistore/

https://www.steeltechsheds.ie/products/steel-sheds/

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

looksee wrote: »
    My son bought 'cheapest' for a bit of bike and similar storage. It was the flimsiest, most useless thing that rattled and shook if you opened it. It had the sensation of walking into a tin can. It fell apart (it had been assembled by the suppliers, including a trip back to re-hang the door) in a few seasons. A similarly priced wooden shed would have been better value.
    +1

You don't get what you don't pay for.
    If the going rate for theses sort of sheds is twice what these guys are offering, you need to ask the question.....

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭TestLink

you will need to have the base ready.
    Where do you need the shed?

Backyard. Concrete.

looksee wrote: »

Did you but this from shedsdirectireland?

In my case this shed would be used to just put the bikes and would not be used for anything else?

I am not going the wood grain shed route. I was told that the steel sheds would have more thickness than this type of sheds.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Yes, polycarbonate windows good, although the most secure option is a frosted polycarbonate skylight and no windows.

A friend of mine has a Shanette. It's fantastic.

I've been looking at this lot lately.

https://www.shedsireland.ie/category/sheds/

Shed/Garage and base (requires a level site), with a gurantee (which is only useful if they stay in business)

Shed/Garage and base (requires a level site), with a gurantee (which is only useful if they stay in business)

They doesnt seem to have an 8 x 8 or 8 x 6 size metal shed !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

TestLink wrote: »
    They doesnt seem to have an 8 x 8 or 8 x 6 size metal shed !
    Any of them will do a custom size for a little more. The steel sheets roll off in pre-determined sizes, that's why they have standard shed sizes, but there's nothing stopping the company from cutting them to size.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I got a Clane shed about 10yrs ago

Solid as f

I looked at a few and none came close

The internal metal frame is strong enough to take brakets for holding bikes/tools etc

I dont think you'll find a better one, they might be a bit more but worth it in my opinion

buy cheap buy twice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Shed/Garage and base (requires a level site), with a gurantee (which is only useful if they stay in business)[/QUOTE

I've bought a two sheds from them over the last ten years and they are still as good as the day they went up. Am probably going to use them to build a large workshop for me over the winter.

Advertisement