Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week off work - where to go?

• 13-08-2020 6:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Depends really if you want to go for day trips or a few days. A DART to Malahide & Bray are usually good days out as is a train ride to Skerries or all the way does to Rosslare if you have an overnight. Galway should have a bit going on being the capital of culture this year.

Whatever you decide to do I would recommend you pre-book anything you want to do given the restrictions & limited numbers allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

What are the public transport options from where you live, OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 anniewilkes

Thanks for the suggestions.

Apologies - I just added I live in North Co. Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

South Co. Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,083 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What are the public transport options from where you live, OP

Public transport is still only for necessary journeys.

So I'd suggest anywhere within walking distance of home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I would head up North to Belfast, lots of local things to do and decent food options. Plenty of day trips available that tick the landscape box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭VG31

Public transport is still only for necessary journeys.

So I'd suggest anywhere within walking distance of home.

It's really not. The government are encouraging people to holiday at home. Now they're trying to get people to go back into Dublin city centre. They couldn't do that if public transport was still only for essential journeys.

Suggesting you go anywhere within walking distance is ridiculous advice. There is no problem with using public transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

VG31 wrote: »
    It's really not. The government are encouraging people to holiday at home. Now they're trying to get people to go back into Dublin city centre. They couldn't do that if public transport was still only for essential journeys.

Suggesting you go anywhere within walking distance is ridiculous advice. There is no problem with using public transport.

True! They got rid of the 2km limit a few months ago..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,083 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

VG31 wrote: »

I said necessary not essential.

This is in line with current advice from the National Transport Authority https://www.nationaltransport.ie/news/covid-19-service-information-update/
    We would like to remind passengers that public transport services continue to operate for necessary journeys at this time. We strongly encourage that anyone who can get to their destination by walking or cycling to please do so.

Holidaying at home means just that. Not heading off around the island

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

What a load of bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Italy or Greece, guaranteed sun and flights are cheap enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I said necessary not essential.

This is in line with current advice from the National Transport Authority https://www.nationaltransport.ie/news/covid-19-service-information-update/

jesus wept another who believes everything they are being told by the government :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Carlingford
    Slieve Donard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Carlingford
    Slieve Donard

Was in Carlingford on Monday and decent crowds about but not too bad. Stopped for a bite to eat and a pint in PJ O'Hare's and they were VERY very professional. More stringent in their approach to covid than anywhere i've been in dublin city.

Formal welcome at the door, announcing what you could and couldn't do etc at your table.

Food was unreal and reasonable. Paid €42 for massive haddock & chips, double burger & chips and 2 pints of G.

The very same feed in Dublin city in a well established pub cost me €63 a few weeks ago. PJ's would be known for being a tourist spot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Dingle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rachaelf750

Go up to northern Ireland, Monday-wednesday, 50% of food in participating establishments, a government covid19 scheme.

Advertisement