Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Corrib

Options
  • 16-07-2020 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello everybody!
    Taking a trip up to Lough corrib for the first time in August. Have a guide booked for 2 of the 3 days. If anyone has any tips on lures or spinners to use or areas of the lake to visit I would appreciate it. Mainly after some decent sized brown trout, but will definetly try some pike fishing while there. TIA

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Leesideboy wrote: »
    but will definetly try some pike fishing while there.
    Wouldn't mention Pike up there - you're liable to be hung, drawn and quartered :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Leesideboy

Wouldn't mention Pike up there - you're liable to be hung, drawn and quartered :pac:

Seen a lot of anti pike stuff alright, what’s the issue like? I know they say pike feed on young/smaller trout but are trout stocks gone that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Leesideboy wrote: »
    Seen a lot of anti pike stuff alright, what’s the issue like? I know they say pike feed on young/smaller trout but are trout stocks gone that bad?

I could rant! Long story short, no the trout fishing on corrib is great, one of my mates had some cracking trout on buzzers this year.

Best advice I can give is to call into a local tackle shop. The wild hunter is a great shop in galway city, the will be able to show you whats fishing well. I'll be on corrib next weekend, ill let you know how we get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Leesideboy

I could rant! Long story short, no the trout fishing on corrib is great, one of my mates had some cracking trout on buzzers this year.

Best advice I can give is to call into a local tackle shop. The wild hunter is a great shop in galway city, the will be able to show you whats fishing well. I'll be on corrib next weekend, ill let you know how we get on.

Rant away, I’m here to listen😂 ya will definetly call into a local tackle shop thanks for the advice. Best of luck up there ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Advertisement