Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EUR25/sqm for interior painting - good rate?

• 12-08-2020 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I've been quoted EUR25/sqm for interior painting including small wall repairs, ceiling, walls & skirting painting & all supplies except the paint.

If I assume he is a capable painter is this a reasonable rate?
    I really have no idea but if I mark out a square meter & think that that going to cost me EUR 25 it sounds like a lot.

appreciate your thoughts please - are there follow up questions I should ask?

Comments

I always do my own painting but that sounds like a complete piss take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Sounds like that's going to get very expensive very quickly, but I've never seen a painter price like that before.
    Don't agree to anything like that, get a quote fixed price for the work you want done and if you're happy, go for it.
    Ceilings alone in a standard 3 bed semi would be approx 2500 at the rate he has quoted.
    Walls would be 5000-6000 if you paint them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭In the wind

Thanks. That's what I was thinking.
    I reckon he's made a mistake rather than taking the utter pi$$.
    I'm meeting him in person later so can figure it out.

Thanks for the thoughts Gents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Thanks. That's what I was thinking.
    I reckon he's made a mistake rather than taking the utter pi$$.
    I'm meeting him in person later so can figure it out.

Thanks for the thoughts Gents.

Please keep us updated.

I paid 2000 for a full paint of my 3 bed semi in 2018. Bit of prep work in that too. Decent whack of money for something I could probably do myself but it was a great job in fairness and it saved me doing it, I'd crack up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I wonder if he means spm of living space? Even so that would be high

Pkiernan wrote: »
    I wonder if he means spm of living space? Even so that would be high

Possibly, yeah. They usually quote per room or per day though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭Tefral

We allow €7/m2 for painting including 2 coats of white paint for walls and areas less than 300mm such as reveals and skirting and architrave allow €8.50/m

Price includes paint and everything required.

If you are going for a brand other than Dulux such as colour trend then you need to add one euro to each and if your going for the likes of little green paint or one of the other premium brands normally you supply the paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭In the wind

Thanks for all the inputs folks.

I met him & yes it was indeed EUR25/sqm of living space. He promptly brought it down to 20 & then we settled on a reasonable price for the job excluding the paint. Happy.

thanks again folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

The only time i quote by the Sq m is on new builds. Far too much variants otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

Thats is crazy money, I got a three bed semi done a couple of weeks ago for around 1500 inclusive of VAT. The house had just been replastered so a bit in it, 25 s sq m, mental

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

duffman13 wrote: »
    Thats is crazy money, I got a three bed semi done a couple of weeks ago for around 1500 inclusive of VAT. The house had just been replastered so a bit in it, 25 s sq m, mental

1500 including woodwork? That seems incredibly cheap?

Advertisement