Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: de Welsh Megamint edition (see warning, 1st post)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he could have spent longer on this than the poxy parrot

He left the district court on the monday and was found on the thursday.

I think it's safe to say he was involved in something dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

someone always complain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I'm in fits laughing at the posts re the parrot, well done x2 to all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,318 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Some balance.... nurses etc fecking their cars everywhere in residential streets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

ask her has she seen the parrot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,246 ✭✭✭shearforce

imagine the mans father waiting on the line really hoping to come on and have his say about his son's murder. Sitting there listening to some looper from Cavan who's parrot is missing. Some ball of ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Joe ... shut up Breda quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Complaining about parking and she doesn't have a car herself. Wtf?

• Advertisement

yes he did

Missed that! Really? Wow! So all the animals of the world have to be renamed. Asian Elephant, African Elephant... what should we call these instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Joe cmon fffs.......pain in the hole trying to find a place after a days work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,246 ✭✭✭shearforce

gmisk wrote: »
    Some balance.... nurses etc fecking their cars everywhere in residential streets.

it's what I'd so rather than 15 euro a day to park outside your workplace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Kathyrn Thomas and he lovely little girlllll

Missed that! Really? Wow! So all the animals of the world have to be renamed. Asian Elephant, African Elephant... what should we call these instead?

African-American Elephant.

Would you take a pet crow....instead

A vulture makes a great pet, I believe, and would keep the neighbourhood clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Beautifully gorgeous gorgeous parrot you mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Nope. A girl of colour in Galway was called the N word by some whackjob(of which there are many in Galway).

Saw the video. I wonder does the guy have some underlying issues. It’s not pleasant either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,675 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Saw the video. I wonder does the guy have some underlying issues. It’s not pleasant either way.

Tried looking for it and couldn't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

fritzelly wrote: »
    Tried looking for it and couldn't find it

https://twitter.com/adejokxe/status/1293609704434925574

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Yer man is not all there and he also seems to lamped. Has some trouble balancing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Yer man is not all there and he also seems to lamped. Has some trouble balancing.

Staggering it used to be called in the old days.

Wonder why did she start videoing him in the first place, was it because he stumbled as he approached the crossing or something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Mena Mitty wrote: »

Wonder why did she start videoing him in the first place, was it because he stumbled as he approached the crossing or something else.

Seems very unusual that she would be videoing a man walking for no reason. Was she maybe videoing him because he was a bit drunk, and he copped on to what she was doing? Not that it justifies what he said, but there must be some context to this, as to why she was videoing him?

Just looked on the Tweet, seems she has been trying to dox him. Just posted his name.

I wont post the link here cos they'll be giving out.

Hmmm, read the twitter thread, using it to promote her "music" and business - would make me curious to what happened previously as something was obviously happening prior

PieOhMy wrote: »

To be honest, I find her comment "Ireland isn't racist?" offensive. How the hell am I responsible for some clown in Galway?

He reminds me of a guy I used to see as a customer (in his behaviour & demeanour), a middle class nut job FG
    once chose to put on an election ballot, but who hardly secured a vote. There was an Arab guy who used to enjoy his antics and try and egg him on for the sport of it, a situation which I was called to deal with a few times. Trouble was that he was potentially very unstable, and somebody had told me of one night when he was taken to hospital foaming at the mouth.

To be honest, I find her comment "Ireland isn't racist?" offensive. How the hell am I responsible for some clown in Galway?

Especially when she is Irish herself, one of us all. You couldn't get a more Galway sounding girl than that, she has more of Galway about her than I ever could have.

Mena Mitty wrote: »

He was probably making unpleasant gestures at her. A complete fruitcake.

Incidentally there was a sensible psychiatrist on Sarah NcInerney today who said that the realm of psychiatry has been taken over by complete lay society under the banner of "Mental Health", to the great detriment of psychiatric patients, causing an increase in the overall death rate from lack of medical care. He was speaking the words that are forever on the edge of my lips.

Tweeted RTÉ to advise them of incorrect advice given just now on the program What Planet Are You On? A family who were avoiding tap water because of its fluoride content (wisely in my opinion as I believe it to be a risk factor in bone cancer) were advised they could use one if the simple filters available in many shops to remove it. That is most certainly not correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Didn’t hear the show today. Should I listen back?

• Advertisement

There is a complete double standard on these sorts of things. When the kid gets stabbed by an immigrant down in Cork, it's described as an isolated incident, and you can't possibly judge all immigrants on the basis of the actions of one person. Yet, when one single Irish nutcase shouts abuse at a person, it is okay for her to describe all Irish people as racist? It's either okay to make sweeping gestures about people or it's not, you can change the rules just because you agree with the person making the sweeping statement.

Just looked up the Twitter page and she has now completely doxed him. Took a screen cap of his Facebook page with picture, job title, and the place he works. At least now he will be pushed in to giving his side of the story, cos I'm not sure we're getting the full story here.

She'd better hope she's got the right person, or she will be hitting social media reverse button faster than Aodhan O'Riordán.

Especially when she is Irish herself, one of us all. You couldn't get a more Galway sounding girl than that, she has more of Galway about her than I ever could have.

Bit strange how she seems to have used this incident to promote her music asking people to follow links etc

Is this one big scam?

Just looked up the Twitter page and she has now completely doxed him. Took a screen cap of his Facebook page with picture, job title, and the place he works. At least now he will be pushed in to giving his side of the story, cos I'm not sure we're getting the full story here.

She'd better hope she's got the right person, or she will be hitting social media reverse button faster than Aodhan O'Riordán.

Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more to come out on this

A lot of those tweets are very Dr Ebun

Didn’t hear the show today. Should I listen back?

In a word, yes.

Not sure having the right person is any better than the wrong person, he seems mentally unstable, what if did something to himself or someone else as result of being exposed...or gets the life beaten out of him by someone. Lose lose naming people online for incidents like this. Head to the Gardaí, make a complaint...only and best course of action.

How would she know a randomer passer-by's name to look up his Facebook page?

Not sure having the right person is any better than the wrong person, he seems mentally unstable,

Has a job apparently and a university education! But I'm guessing his degree is not in Black Studies
    How would she know a randomer passer-by's name to look up his Facebook page?

Somebody contacted her on Twitter and told her that their brother works with him. She posted screen caps of his Facebook image / job / education. I was going to post it here but I don't think you want me to do that.

• Advertisement

I see the Park Studio twitter account has been suspended, and the company's website pulled offline. Interesting that it is a media production company that has had dealings with RTÉ etc. Of course we do NOT at this point know that the guy who was named is the correct identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Has a job apparently and a university education! But I'm guessing his degree is not in Black Studies

Somebody contacted her on Twitter and told her that their brother works with him. She posted screen caps of his Facebook image / job / education. I was going to post it here but I don't think you want me to do that.

Well she fu*ked her changes of a fair trial if she was to press charges

Mod - we won't please refer to this situation again on this thread as it is likely to become a legal issue

Suffice it to say Liveline sometimes would be wiser to wait some time before it highlights stuff.

Morkan Lodge gone off Booking.com

The absolute state of their website

https://morkan-lodge.mydirectstay.com/

Lonely Planet still have it as a recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

But it got some really nice reviews, a 10 here

But it got some really nice reviews, a 10 here

“Great staffs” he says

That’s me sold

• Advertisement

I wonder how easy it is to set up a virtual hotel on these booking sites. Haven't a clue myself of the verification process the sites are surely obliged to have. I mean, could I, today, invent accommodation in Cork, and have it up on at least one of these sites within a day or two, and what proof am I obliged to supply to them that I actually own said business?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

NO 25 MORKON HOTEL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

Lovely location too (if you scroll to the bottom of their webpage and click on the address) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

“Great staffs” he says

The staffs where (sic) also very healthy and none of dem doyed overnight. I am to recommend my stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Sarah Mc would want to be careful when she leaves her studio, there's an angry bearded presenter roaming the campus with a baseball bat looking for the ****** who got Ellen from Galway before the Liveline producers - she didn't even ask what colour was the paddleboard!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement