Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,604 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Am I the only one not very excited by a third DC Vs Miocic fight? Feels like a retirement payday for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

eagle eye wrote: »
    Am I the only one not very excited by a third DC Vs Miocic fight? Feels like a retirement payday for both.

2 of the best HW's of all time finishing a trilogy while both still on top. What better way is there to retire?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Am I the only one not very excited by a third DC Vs Miocic fight?

I reckon so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I can't wait for the fight, so intrigued by what way it will go. I won't get to watch it until Sunday evening though as I'm away all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

i cant wait for the stipe v DC. I think DC wins by knockout in the 3rd round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

looking foward to the suga show!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You are. The first 2 were great fights and finishes. DC to win I reckon

Have a feeling dc will get it done this time even moreso after rewatching the second fight

It'll be interesting to see if Stipe starts attacking the body earlier this time
    I think it would be a good move

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭xtal191

I kinda get where you're coming from, its a bit of a pointless fight, no matter the outcome the next fight will probably be Stipe vs Ngannou for the belt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

xtal191 wrote: »
    I kinda get where you're coming from, its a bit of a pointless fight, no matter the outcome the next fight will probably be Stipe vs Ngannou for the belt

A rubber match for the heavyweight belt is a pointless fight. Some strange logic right there.

If DC wins I think putting Stipe straight into another title fight devalues the belt. Plus I think Dana wants Francis to be champion. Stipe has a win over him already and has a style Francis has had major trouble with in the past. Francis vs anyone coming off a win could well be the fight they make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I don't think there's a hope of DC retiring.

xtal191 wrote:
    I think Stipe will retire after this.
    mdwexford wrote:
    A rubber match for the heavyweight belt is a pointless fight. Some strange logic right there.
    Ngannou should be fighting for the title.
    mdwexford wrote:
    If DC wins I think putting Stipe straight into another title fight devalues the belt. Plus I think Dana wants Francis to be champion. Stipe has a win over him already and has a style Francis has had major trouble with in the past. Francis vs anyone coming off a win could well be the fight they make.
    I think they both retire after this. I don't think Stipe wants any part of a rematch with Ngannou.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I think Stipe will retire after this.

Ngannou should be fighting for the title.

I think they both retire after this. I don't think Stipe wants any part of a rematch with Ngannou.

What are you talking about? He completely nullified him last time.

He posted this on Twitter before the third fight was fixed in response to DC saying he was trying to avoid him.

"Ive already said I'm going to fight DC. He just likes to make noise. My team is working on securing a training location and dates w UFC. I have five belts at home. I don't need to sit on anything. If I didn't have a torn retina, I would've already fought & retired"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Jones will fight the winner for HW title.

Got a feeling both will retire

Ngannou v blaydes 3 for the vacant belt
    You heard it here first

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Stipe didn't sound like a man who was planning on retiring just yet when he was on the UFC Unfiltered podcast the other day.

He was asked if he would stay involved in MMA once he was done and he said he would help out at the gym but he still had a couple of years left in him.

That's not saying that that's not misdirection but it's quite possible he wants a couple more paydays for his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

This greatest ever crack is getting really annoying. Literally every PPV event now features "the greatest ever".

• Registered Users Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He posted this on Twitter before the third fight was fixed in response to DC saying he was trying to avoid him.

"Ive already said I'm going to fight DC. He just likes to make noise. My team is working on securing a training location and dates w UFC. I have five belts at home. I don't need to sit on anything. If I didn't have a torn retina, I would've already fought & retired"

That’s fair enough , but he said this this week.
    he’s been thinking about retirement after every fight since his debut at UFC 136, but he adds he is happy and doesn’t feel like he’s done after Saturday night.

https://www.twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1294071747575255041

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭rob316

US2 wrote: »
    This greatest ever crack is getting really annoying. Literally every PPV event now features "the greatest ever".

That's Joe Rogan. Everything is the greatest this the greatest that, it's a massively hyped product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

rob316 wrote: »
    That's Joe Rogan. Everything is the greatest this the greatest that, it's a massively hyped product.

Yea, this new kid sokodju is meant to be the dogs bolocks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Miocic looks leaner than usual.

DC is very dangerous in close, if Miocic keeps the distance he'll win.

DC has some good calf kicks he likes to use.

I think it'll go the distance.

Hoping Stipe and Chito get the wins.

In the absence of anything else to go on, the media seem to be making a lot of a few pounds of weight off DC, but not sure how 4 lbs over his 240 or so make any difference all. But he's gonna be sharp. Stipe looking in great shape, hope he gets those feet moving though! I don't see it going 5 rounds.

Bit over O'Malley's self promotions and schtick, Vera has a few subs his record, would be great if he stayed cool and managed to pull one off!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Hoping Stipe and Chito get the wins.

In the absence of anything else to go on, the media seem to be making a lot of a few pounds of weight off DC, but not sure how 4 lbs over his 240 or so make any difference all. But he's gonna be sharp. Stipe looking in great shape, hope he gets those feet moving though! I don't see it going 5 rounds.

Bit over O'Malley's self promotions and schtick, Vera has a few subs his record, would be great if he stayed cool and managed to pull one off!

DC is 236lbs going into this, he weighted that for their second fight too and 246 in first fight.

Stipe was 230.5 last fight, he's 233 lbs now despite looking leaner and was 242.5 in first fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Pm those links fellas pls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I want to see a lean DC, go after another belt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Does anyone else think Paolo Costa doesn't look like he has 5 rounds in him?

JJayoo wrote: »
    I want to see a lean DC, go after another belt

Seems like he is retired. But I’d always said he was a LHW carrying extra pounds at HW.
    He could have been LHW king if he got his condition eight years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mellor wrote: »
    Seems like he is retired. But I’d always said he was a LHW carrying extra pounds at HW.
    He could have been LHW king if he got his condition eight years ago

On the condition that Jon Jones didn't exist :pac:

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    On the condition that Jon Jones didn't exist :pac:

Jones is obviously the huge obstacle. But I don't think we ever seen DC at his max potential.

He had his reasons, but after his wrestling career he got comfortable and put on a lot of fat. Which made his eventual LHW run difficult.

In an alternate universe, DC took gold in Beijing, stays in shape, and enters the LHW division.

Somewhat blurry photo of DC wrestling at 211lbs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement