Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Braille on a mirror

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,493 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Many blind people can see something.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

IrishZeus wrote: »
    What am I missing? :pac:
    The points! :pac:

Reminds me of that football team that was being inclusive... by having the name of the player/teams written in Braille on the back of their shirts... so it could be seen from the telly, too... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Suckit wrote: »
    eKQOsRh.jpg

Wall-E, is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Grid. wrote: »
    xMUx4q2.jpg?1

Funnily enough..........

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Funnily enough..........

EBwql.gif

Apex predator and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

cdeb wrote: »
    Braille on a mirror

I thought there was a tsunami coming.

That toddler chef in the Baaawww thread is adorable, but his parents are insane, he's waaaaay too young to be left so near a hot pot/pan/grill without an adult stuck to him.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Wot???
    i-sexually-identify-as-a-measure-of-kilometers-per-second-42585679.png

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

astrofluff wrote: »
    Wot???

Kill myself??

I am hoping the joke part is that the guys smile looks a bit pained

astrofluff wrote: »
    Wot???

If you get up to 11.2 km/s you'll either burn up or escape the gravity of the planet and wander through space, as long as you can hold your breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Nope, still don't get the jokey part. You're gonna have to spell it out to me.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

You only have to look at who posted it to understand its lack of funny and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Reported it. Idiotic thing to post in general, never mind in a humour thread.

How apt is it, that Nerdkiller posted that?! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114342534&postcount=6009

Have to admit it took me far too long to work that 1 out, it was almost "the straw that broke the camel's back" :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Didn't get it until you just said. Looked more horsey than camelly to me which caused confusion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

quickbeam wrote: »
    Didn't get it until you just said. Looked more horsey than camelly to me which caused confusion.

The underpants, humps and clown threw me a lot.

• Advertisement

I thought the straw had tried to suck the water out of his humps... :o

And if that ^^^ sounds in any way duuurty to you, it's because you've a sick, filthy mind).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

New Home wrote: »
    I thought the straw had tried to suck the water out of his humps... :o

And if that ^^^ sounds in any way duuurty to you, it's because you've a sick, filthy mind).
    I've a vague memory of an ad where a camel unzipped its own hump to get a bottle of lemonade (a straw may have been involved too). Can't find anything from searching or even remember the brand, so I could have imagined it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Clareman wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114342534&postcount=6009

Have to admit it took me far too long to work that 1 out, it was almost "the straw that broke the camel's back" :D

Aaaaahh

I've a vague memory of an ad where a camel unzipped its own hump to get a bottle of lemonade (a straw may have been involved too). Can't find anything from searching or even remember the brand, so I could have imagined it...

Closest I can think of

I've a vague recollection of a TK ad featuring a camel, but Google doesn't give anything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It'd probably be a lot easier to find if there weren't so many stupid Camel cigarette ads!

Orangina, perhaps? Or Tango?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭Ryath

Orangina, perhaps? Or Tango?

It's your fault my eyes have seen this! :eek:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114350525&postcount=2530

I didn't force you to click play, did I...

I don't know if it's the Mandela effect, but I have a picture of that elusive camel ad in my head. I think it was a cartoon type of thing, set in front of the pyramids, and the camel was going to the left.

I didn't force you to click play, did I...

I don't know if it's the Mandela effect, but I have a picture of that elusive camel ad in my head. I think it was a cartoon type of thing, set in front of the piramids, and the camel was going to the left.

Yeah. I remember it being just a black outline drawing on a white background.

• Advertisement

Sounds like "La Linea"... (although, who knows what episode!).

...or maybe not, this was a white line on a black background.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114354844&postcount=9271

Almost lost all my tea!
    Had to clean the keyboard after watching that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

54fgp7oda6i51.jpg

Not sure of the funneh. Delightfully, Ms. Johnson's offer to St. Andrews has been reinstated.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-53828077

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Nitpicking, but.........
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114383666&postcount=6059

I do remember we used to call them Koala bears, but I thought that was beaten out of us all in the mid 90's?
    Or are they still called Koala bears in 'Merica?
    Or am I imagining it was/in a small minority that it was?

s1ippy wrote: »
    This is the best thing I've ever seen. Sounds like his life has become at least 20 times more interesting since he adopted a tropical pet he most definitely shouldn't have.

Great crap graffiti:
    523833.jpg

How did that Frankie Boyle one go ? He commented that Margaret Thatcher's mausoleum was actually well done.

Even if the dance floor was a little small.

Bootup wrote: »
    Uv8ahZ0.png
    Too busy making sandwiches.

I have a pet peeve of images posted in YLYL that are essentially a bunch of text.

This one takes the biscuit though. A photo of a print out of a bunch of text. Somebody is taking the piss and I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I have a pet peeve of images posted in YLYL that are essentially a bunch of text.

This one takes the biscuit though. A photo of a print out of a bunch of text. Somebody is taking the piss and I like it.
    How many layers would you like it to go? If someone took a screenshot of the post, tweeted it, and then embedded the tweet... you'd have a post with a tweet of a screenshot of a post of a photo of a print out of a bunch of text.

How many layers would you like it to go? If someone took a screenshot of the post, tweeted it, and then embedded the tweet... you'd have a post with a tweet of a screenshot of a post of a photo of a print out of a bunch of text.

Ideally pictures of text would be banned altogether

• Advertisement

Except that that was discussed before and they aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Except that that was discussed before and they aren't.
    They wouldn't be as good if they were.
    Rz6EDuo.png

...unless you can read between the lines... but, maybe, that ^^^ was the second draft to 50 shades of Grey (i.e., just 2).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

inforfun wrote: »
    Have to ask but what the hell are they ?

Sig edited so not to "offend" genocide apologists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYOZ3IzRaf4

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Suckit wrote: »
    Nitpicking, but.........
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114383666&postcount=6059

I do remember we used to call them Koala bears, but I thought that was beaten out of us all in the mid 90's?
    Or are they still called Koala bears in 'Merica?
    Or am I imagining it was/in a small minority that it was?

It was beaten out of us? I still call them Koala Bears, what do you call them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,438 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Mr E wrote: »
    MLUH3Uw.jpg?1

Tele? Who calls/spells it tele? It's a TV, television or telly. Not a tele.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

A pseudoscorpion, also known as a false scorpion or book scorpion, is an arachnid belonging to the order Pseudoscorpiones, also known as Pseudoscorpionida or Chelonethida.

I think they could be newly hatched scorpions or crabs.

EDIT - I stand corrected.

dulpit wrote: »
    Tele? Who calls/spells it tele? It's a TV, television or telly. Not a tele.
    Someone who can't spel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

weird looking fukkers anyways . Thanks (and sorry for breaking the thread rules for no chat etc)

Sig edited so not to "offend" genocide apologists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYOZ3IzRaf4

https://www.btselem.org/

That's all right. This time we moved the post, next time we'll feed you to the pseudoscorpions. (and yes, we know we're weird looking f*kkers, no need to rub it in!).

• Advertisement
Advertisement