Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Deceived

• 03-08-2020 12:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,533 ✭✭✭✭

brian_t wrote: »
    The Deceived starts on Channel 5 on Monday August 3rd at 9pm.

Four-part psychological thriller penned by Derry Girls writer Lisa McGee and her co-writer/husband Tobias Beer, it stars Emmett J Scanlan, Emily Reid, Catherine Walker and Paul Mescal.

I'm sure RTE or VM1 will pick up considering it has Mescal in

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Did anyone actually watch this? Worth watching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

So it's muck I assume?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Basq wrote: »
    Did anyone actually watch this? Worth watching?
    I watched episode 1....it is in a word...creaky...it clearly influenced by Rebecca and other much better sources...it was cliche ridden to say the least.....in summary not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I saw a trailer for it on Virgin Media today 'coming soon'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,533 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Skid X wrote: »
    I saw a trailer for it on Virgin Media today 'coming soon'

Yes I might record episode 1 and check it out, I haven't heard much reviews or comments on it which is strange considering man of the moment Paul Mescal is in it, maybe a minor role Emmett J Scanlan is the lead

The Deceived starts on Virgin Media One on Monday 7th September at 9pm.

It starts tonight here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,453 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Nearly as good as the tripe on RTE1 last night at 9.30...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Cringeworthy! How the heck do TV production companies get away with this drivel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yer mans dead wife Roisin looks familiar, can't remember what I saw her in though.

Hard to know what to make of it but will watch it next week to see how it ends.

Yer mans dead wife Roisin looks familiar, can't remember what I saw her in though.

Hard to know what to make of it but will watch it next week to see how it ends.

Catherine Walker (Shetland and Finding Joy)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1254152/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Watching tonight wondering did i miss an episode? I've seen 3 so far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭brian_t

Tonight is the fourth and last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mrbrightside11

Been watching it on Virgin Media player.. story is a bit all over the place and never really gets going.. bit of a let down in my opinion. Glad there were only 4 episodes.

Been watching it on Virgin Media player.. story is a bit all over the place and never really gets going.. bit of a let down in my opinion. Glad there were only 4 episodes.

Definitely all over the place. Makes no sense at all annoyed I wasted 4hours watching that. Even Paul mescal wasn't worth watching for

Tonight is the fourth and last episode.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Definitely all over the place. Makes no sense at all annoyed I wasted 4hours watching that. Even Paul mescal wasn't worth watching for

No point in watching It for him as his hardly in it. I think Emmet Scanlon is a better actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Cliche ridden nonsense, in a word Brutal

• Advertisement

I didn’t think it was that bad, have seen a lot worse on Netflix.

fin12 wrote: »
    No point in watching It for him as his hardly in it. I think Emmet Scanlon is a better actor.

I felt Emmett was Nic Cage hammed it up :P

The most interesting characters was the wife Roisin and her mother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

You wouldn't have to look too far to find holes in the storyline or parts that were a bit hard to believe but it passed an hour in the night when there wasn't much else to look at.

Wonder are they thinking of a second season they way the dead girls brother turned up beside Roisin.

Never watched Normal People so only heard about how great an actor this Paul Mescal is, he seemed like your ordinary run of the mill actor in this series.

You wouldn't have to look too far to find holes in the storyline or parts that were a bit hard to believe but it passed an hour in the night when there wasn't much else to look at.

Wonder are they thinking of a second season they way the dead girls brother turned up beside Roisin.

Never watched Normal People so only heard about how great an actor this Paul Mescal is, he seemed like your ordinary run of the mill actor in this series.

To be honest I don’t get all the hype around Paul Mescall either, I watched normal people and he didn’t come across to me as anything special. I would consider Emmet Scanlon a better actor than him.

Advertisement