Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are there any cavities on these 2 teeth? (radiography)

Options
  • 20-02-2021 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

are there any cavities on these 2 teeth? (radiography)

also, is the thing we can see on "square 28" a cavity, or just a shadow/calcification?

without the squares numbered grid: postimg.cc/2LzZmQh5

with the squares numbered grid: postimg.cc/grGtS1Qv

i did get a physical exam, but got contradictory answers;

- "dentist number 1" took an xray, then did a physical exam and said that I did have a small cavity, and I should take an appointment to have it removed (but he didn't seem 100% confident about it at first, but seemed a bit more confident towards the end. he was also quite young)

- "dentist number 2" looked at the xray of "dentist number 1", then did a physical exam, and said that I didn't have any cavities (he did seem very confident, and was a bit older than "dentist number 1". He said "dentist number 1" may have confused a shadow of the xray to be a cavity)

do you think I should see a 3rd dentist, or do you think I should be fine? (because I am getting braces next week.) But if there does turn out to be a cavity, is it bad if I get the braces glued on top of it?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

Sorry OP, but online diagnosis is not permitted. Boards members can only advise in general terms.
    You could seek a 3rd opinion, and or have the teeth re-xrayed either now or in a few months time to compare/contrast/moniter. At the end of the day, one of the two dentists will have ownership of the issue if there is one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement