Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! What are the GEM Unis like?

Options
  • 19-11-2020 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone,
    I'm a Dutch national who is studying a Physiotherapy BSc at the moment in the UK. I've sat the GAMSAT and am looking to apply for 2021 GEM entry, and am now stuck on ranking schools. As someone not from Ireland, I was hoping that people who know more about the schools and their reputations could reply and tell me a bit more about them. I'm of course looking on their websites for info about the course/accommodation/what not but reputations etc are hard to judge.

And if anyone has ranked the four unis already, would you mind sharing your order and briefly explaining why? (Not necessary at all, just thought it could be interesting to see).

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ma003

Hi everyone,
    I'm a Dutch national who is studying a Physiotherapy BSc at the moment in the UK. I've sat the GAMSAT and am looking to apply for 2021 GEM entry, and am now stuck on ranking schools. As someone not from Ireland, I was hoping that people who know more about the schools and their reputations could reply and tell me a bit more about them. I'm of course looking on their websites for info about the course/accommodation/what not but reputations etc are hard to judge.

And if anyone has ranked the four unis already, would you mind sharing your order and briefly explaining why? (Not necessary at all, just thought it could be interesting to see).

Thanks so much!

I wouldn't say they've necessarily been ranked to be honest but they each have different number of places so the less places the harder it is to get in. Rcsi has the lowest number of places so the requirements are higher whereas limerick is only a graduate program so no undergrads so there are lots more places so the requirements are slightly lower. One main difference is that the university of limerick is problem based learning where as the other three are traditional lecture based colleges. I know people in all colleges and everyone seems to like where they've ended up. Myself, I'm in limerick and I like it so far though a lot of people don't like the sound of problem based learning so are opposed to the university! I don't think any are better than the others as they all give you the same degree in the end !

Advertisement