Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone XR - IMEI number is gone????

Options
  • 23-01-2020 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭

My friend turned on her iPhone XR today and the mobile service (Three) was gone, it just kept searching for a connection. The cellular data section of Settings was a black screen.

She tried restarting the phone, removing the SIM, etc

Last I heard she took it to a phone shop and was told the IMEI number is gone and the phone cannot be fixed.

How can something like that happen? Is the phone really fecked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

My friend turned on her iPhone XR today and the mobile service (Three) was gone, it just kept searching for a connection. The cellular data section of Settings was a black screen.

She tried restarting the phone, removing the SIM, etc

Last I heard she took it to a phone shop and was told the IMEI number is gone and the phone cannot be fixed.

How can something like that happen? Is the phone really fecked?

Did she buy the phone second hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Did she buy the phone second hand?

No it was new from CompuB.

I thought it was they who told her it is fecked but it was just a shop that sold computers. I read it is a problem that can be fixed.

I cannot find anything online ability how it can happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

So when she’s keys in *#06# no IMEI number appears?

Advertisement