Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup 2019/20 Round 6 - All to play for

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,215 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the player issue around Brexit is sorted for this year? Know they did something last year but not sure if it applies this season? Could only find this https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/european-cup/champions-cup-brexit-proof-eligibility-for-knockout-stages-1.3792609
    It will be business as usual up to the end of the transition period. Things may get a bit different then. Visas and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Came up as a discussion last year, no action was really taken. They won't let it affect the competition, they'll just put in an amendment last second if the mythical Brexit ever actually happens. No point in putting anything in place until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Podge_irl wrote: »
    It would take a one line adjustment to the eligibility rules for the competition which they will do immediately if needs be. It is a non-story.

Ah yeah, was just curious. If Brexit actually happens this month it will be in place by time qfs roll around.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ah yeah, was just curious. If Brexit actually happens this month it will be in place by time qfs roll around.

Transition period kicks in this month. Actual leaving effectively takes place way down the line (pre December) so the competition will likely be over before they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

So Leinster/Saracens v Clermont/Racing. And Toulouse/Ulster v Exeter/Northampton? Tough draw for Leinster

BT Sport commentator kept saying that if Toulouse got a sixth try (which they didn't) they would be playing the semi final in the south of France. Is that correct or not? If they beat Ulster where will their semi final be played?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,215 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

BT Sport commentator kept saying that if Toulouse got a sixth try (which they didn't) they would be playing the semi final in the south of France. Is that correct or not? If they beat Ulster where will their semi final be played?
    There's nothing set on the semi-finals yet. Not until the QFs have been played.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

They would have been a 2 seed and have a home SF (assuming the win the QF) with another score. Now its to Exeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

That have qualified as third overall, another five points would have meant they qualified 2nd, which would have meant hypothetical home country advantage for a semi, which Leinster have.

Exeter have that honour. They would likely have a trip to wherever Exeter would have their semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Racing to win It all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

This is what the rule says:
    3.9 Each club is permitted a maximum of two ‘non-European players’ in each match squad and for the 2019/20 season at least, a player who is a UK citizen will be regarded as a European player.

They use the term "European" in the rule so why would there be an issue?

Or is that while they say "European" they mean "EU citizen"

There is an obvious difference after all

• Advertisement

Riskymove wrote: »

In quote is days UK citizens will be considered Euotoean player for 18/19. They tweaked the rules to do that so may have been different . Think it's to do with Kolpak ruling but SA also part of that so may not be necessary for UK ton be in EU to be party to it. But someone with more knowledge than me maybe be able to confirm!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Racing to win It all

I watched Saracens v Racing yesterday, only one of those teams was potential winners and it wasn't Racing. They're massively overrated imo, mostly on the back of being in the same pool as Munster.

I watched Saracens v Racing yesterday, only one of those teams was potential winners and it wasn't Racing. They're massively overrated imo, mostly on the back of being in the same pool as Munster.

I think their defence and mentality is an issue. Think they and Clermont have been runners up the most without winning comp, 3 and 2 times each. I'd like to see either them or Clermont win at some stage but dont think I see it happening this season but ya never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

durkadurka wrote: »
    That have qualified as third overall, another five points would have meant they qualified 2nd, which would have meant hypothetical home country advantage for a semi, which Leinster have.

Exeter have that honour. They would likely have a trip to wherever Exeter would have their semi.

Thanks as I was confused - for after the Toulouse match had concluded, BT Sport had Toulouse vs Ulster as second QF rather than Exeter vs Northampton.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Riskymove wrote: »

Who does this rule actually apply to? Montpellier had, I think, 6 South Africans and two Georgians starting against Connacht and two more Georgians and a Samoan on the bench.

Who does this rule actually apply to? Montpellier had, I think, 6 South Africans and two Georgians starting against Connacht and two more Georgians and a Samoan on the bench.

SA and Samoa are in Kolpak agreement . I'd say Georigia too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Two games on at the same time. Great move. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭scott1974

nc6000 wrote: »
    Two games on at the same time. Great move. :confused:

Bring back SKY!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

scott1974 wrote: »
    Bring back SKY!!

It's not just about BT. BeIN in France have a say in this too.

• Advertisement

It's not just about BT. BeIN in France have a say in this too.

Dont games with French teams usually happen the Sunday? Clermont already then so Ulster fans have to travel for a game on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

bummer that the leinster game is not the FTA option on virgin media or channel 4

kooga wrote: »
    bummer that the leinster game is not the FTA option on virgin media or channel 4

Is there a FTA quarter final?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Toulouse v Ulster on the sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

It's listed above there. Toulouse v Ulster is on C4 and Virgin.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Very surprised at the simultaneous kickoff times for the QF, don’t think that’s happened in the knockout stages before.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

My ghast is well and truly flabbered.

Amazed both French semis aren't on the Sunday. Two games at the same time is highly unusual.

It's listed above there. Toulouse v Ulster is on C4 and Virgin.

Twitter is blocked for me in work.:mad:

Advertisement