Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Arc...

Options
  • 26-12-2019 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭

When a TV has one of these HDMI Arc inputs is it like your regular HDMI or is it just for audio (as I have been reading)?

Long story short have my eye on TV with 2 HDMI inputs, one of which is an arc one. Would I actually only in fact be getting one HDMI input?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,924 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

georgem1 wrote:
    Just looking for a little advice here.

You will have Two Hdmi inputs. The arc one is the business. You can use your TV remote to control whatever you have connected to the arc. I have a Firestick in the arc and only need my TV remote.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The primary difference between the ARC HDMI port and any other port on your TV is that the ARC port has the capacity to send information back the opposite direction e.g. you have a blu ray player hooked up via HDMI to your TV so it sends visual and audio to the TV, with ARC the HDMI cable will send audio information from the TV back to your home cinema receiver (typically the primary use of ARC).
    Audio Return Channel IIRC

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement