Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone blocking web content

• 24-12-2019 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

boards is not displaying properly on my iPhone XR. Using either safari or dolphin.

If I use tethered WiFi it works fine.

Having googled I suspect it might be due to handling of mixed content but I cannot find a related setting on the phone. Very occasionally it will display properly but most of the time it’s unusable. There is a certificate installed but the vpn is not active

I’ll try to post a screenshot

Anyone have any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Is there a message in place of the blocked content? If so could be carrier/dns blocking.
    Some carriers have settings on their web portal for restricting content

If not, is there any content blockers in settings - Safari - content blockers? Try turning those off

I would also remove any profiles in settings - general - profiles and should with the VPN’s removed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭hesker

Can’t remove any profiles. Work phone. There might be nothing I can do about it.

Screenshot attached

Problem sorted I think by disabling the pop up blocker

I know I never would have found that if I hadn’t gone to the trouble of posting about it.

Thanks brav

Spoke too soon. Problem is back.

Update: I’ve been onto Vodafone and also my employer. They both say they are not blocking access to websites. Very strange.

• Advertisement

Updated to attach two screenshots which I thought I had already attached.

I've swapped sims with a colleague with the same phone and contract. No problems on his phone/sim or on my phone with his sim. But problems also on his phone/my sim.

So the problem seems to be with my sim or my account.

500093.PNG

500094.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Speak to Vodafone about it.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Speak to Vodafone about it.

I have and still am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

That last screenshot said it all, it was restricted by Vodafone.
    Are you bill pay or pay as you go?
    On bill pay when you sign in to My Vodafone account online you can turn off the content restrictions for it, but I you have already called Vodafone surely this has been checked?

Vodafone say that there are no content restrictions on the account. My employer's IT support says there are no restrictions from their side and the sim swapping supports this I would think.

I'm waiting on a response from vodafone on the latest sim swapping results. Yeah, I do believe it's something to do with account settings and I've asked if they can be reset in some way but I lack the technical know how to ask for more specific things to be done.

I can't login to my vodafone account as I am not privy to the logon info as my employer is the bill payer, not me.

I've also asked for help from boards.ie which is partly why I'm documenting things in this thread.

The issue with boards.ie could be different than the other sites. I get a partial connection to boards and occasionally if I hit refresh multiple times I can get it to load fully but sometimes this doesn't work either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Just as a matter of interest, is it happening on other browsers besides Safari? Firefox, Chrome, Edge, any of those?

Also, is the same thing happening if you try to view these sites in a private window of any web browser?

Advertisement