Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Audio Output

Options
  • 30-11-2019 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

I need a new TV and after some research I found one that I like which is within my budget. However, I just discovered it doesn't have headphone jack (I had just assumed it is standard in all TVs).

It does however have Digital Audio Output. It is possible to buy some kind of adapter for this but also have the TV speakers muted while listening to this output like with a headphone jack? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

No 'adapter' will convert digital to analog. There's plenty of gadgets for sale on eBay which (fraudulently) claim to do so but what you need is a converter which would need to be powered by a DC source and I doubt that such a thing exists.

Find a TV with a 3.5mm jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RickBlaine

Thanks for your reply. I actually realized the TV has bluetooth so I can just use that to connect to a set of headphones. I'm behind the times when it comes to TV tech.

Advertisement