Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery service message on 90% max capacity iPhone 7

Options
  • 17-01-2020 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭

I’ve noticed that the battery health section of settings in my iPhone 7 (iOS 13.3) is now saying my battery is degraded, contact iPhone service place, blah-blah, even though the max capacity says 90%?

I haven’t been experiencing any weird shutdowns or anything like that. Phone is same as it’s been all along really, not unstable in any way that I can perceive.

I thought you didn’t need to worry about this until battery had gone down to about 80% max capacity?

Is anyone else getting this message on such a relatively high max capacity?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭gmacww

Not getting that warning. Just checked mine which is also iPhone 7 with 13.3 and my battery max capacity is 89%. Still says that my battery is currently supporting normal peak performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

It’s a strange one. I’ve seen Louis Rossmann and others on YouTube talking about this message being permanently displayed on iPhone if a non “authorised” battery was fitted by some third party repair shop.
    But this phone is on its first day battery as bought from CompuB in midsummer of 2017.

Maybe it’s a software glitch. I’ll soldier on anyway. Nothing malfunctioning as far as I can see. Wasn't planning on changing until at least toward the end of this year, after iPhone 12 presumably will have launched.

Cheers

Advertisement