Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

youtube not working on Normende tele

Options
  • 13-01-2020 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I have purchased a 49 inch Normende smart television. I tried to activate youtube, with my ipad it shows my name but when I try to open it. it shows (error1 continue yes or no) when I press yes it takes me to the home page but all subjects show only names but no picture.
    if I click on any of the subjects it says loading but nothing ever happens. any ideas on how to solve this problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Isn't there a YouTube button on the remote? I think Nordmende TVs aren't actually manufactured by Nordmende, but by a Turkish company called Vestel. We've a smart TV made by them under the name Walker. There is a YouTube button on our remote, and I would imagine that it's the same remote that you have. We've never had any errors trying to access YouTube, perhaps something is being lost in translation with your using an iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 The Dav

Hi ejmaztec,tried it on my Samsung galaxy 7 phone also. same result and yes there is a you tube button on the remote, doesn't work with that either. both the ipad and phone are showing as linked on the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yeah but can you open and use YouTube using the tv? Is the YouTube app on the TV up to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Do you have a very slow internet connection to the tv and do other online apps work ok?

Thanks for all replies. I tried to open you tube through google and got the following message.
    SECURITY ERROR.
    The server could not prove that it is www.youtube.com.
    Its security certificate is supposedly from 953 days in the future.
    This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
    you cannot proceed because the website operator has requested heightened security for this domain.
    any ideas on how to resolve this problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: The Television forum is for shows rather than hardware! I've moved your thread to the Home Entertainment/General forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

The Dav wrote: »
    Thanks for all replies. I tried to open you tube through google and got the following message.
    SECURITY ERROR.
    The server could not prove that it is www.youtube.com.
    Its security certificate is supposedly from 953 days in the future.
    This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
    you cannot proceed because the website operator has requested heightened security for this domain.
    any ideas on how to resolve this problem

Check if date/time is set correctly on TV

hi smuggler.ie,
    checked installation, and yes date was set 2017. Sorted now, thanks to all who took the time to respond to my post.

Advertisement