Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman Price Match

Options
  • 01-12-2019 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi guys.

Purchased a Samsung tv from Harvey's and got a free soundbar with the tv which was an offer from Samsung when you buy the tv.

I was also told that if the t.v. goes down in price on Black Friday then I will get the difference in price back.

The t.v. went down 200 on Black Friday..I called store and staff member told me as I had got a free soundbar with the tv I was not entitled to the 200 back. I was only entitled to the free soundbar or the cashback.

Anyone have similar issue with Harvey Norman.

I feel I am been mugged off!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭sundodger5

If you went and bought the TV and soundbar in the black Friday sale would it be cheaper than what you get the TV and "free" soundbar for?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,907 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Honda99ce wrote:
    I feel I am been mugged off!!!!

I don't think you are. They are two different offers.

Let's say HN have a price match promise. You buy a TV with free soundbar in HN for 800. If you found the exact same TV, without the soundbar, in Curry's for 200 less you couldn't expect HN to price match promise.

Usually a price match promise is exact like for like. Even the tiniest of difference usually voids a price match

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Honda99ce

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I don't think you are. They are two different offers.

Let's say HN have a price match promise. You buy a TV with free soundbar in HN for 800. If you found the exact same TV, without the soundbar, in Curry's for 200 less you couldn't expect HN to price match promise.

Usually a price match promise is exact like for like. Even the tiniest of difference usually voids a price match

I bought the tv 1 month ago and got a phone call 2 days later to say I was obtaining a free soundbar because of a new Samsung offer.

I believe that the offer of money back on black friday if cheaper was a Harvey Norman store offer and not a Samsung offer so for this reason they should refund me the price difference.

Advertisement