Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Event viewer kernel events

Options
  • 11-11-2019 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, bit of a weird one. Needed to work from home the other day due to a family emergency. Have citrix remote access via browser so got a message passed onto a colleague when I couldn't contact them directly to start my machine. I can normally then login to citrix and access my own desktop remotely using the citrix remote desktop application.

Was able to login to Citrix and could access my email etc but I couldn't remote into my machine which generally happens if it's not turned on or network access is down. The colleague didn't answer their phone when I tried to call a few times. So checked my event viewer the next day I was in work. Nothing at all showing for that day although they say they did turn it on.

I do have an issue sysadmin are sorting out at the moment where my account is locked each morning and I need to unlock it. This is on the login screen though, i.e. after the machine has booted up and should not matter with remote login which would bring me to that screen anyway.

Is it possible a win 7 machine can start and nothing shows in any of the logs, system, application etc? Just want to rule out some weird windows reason nothing is in the log before I talk to the colleague about this. It's the second time it's happened with them and I have a feeling they might resent that I am able to work from home from time to time.

Thanks

Advertisement