Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Available] Room in Aparment off Fitzwilliam Sq offered!

Options
  • 16-08-2001 1:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭

I'm being deserted by my flatmates, but given the location/price of this place, I've no interest in letting it go, so I'm looking for replacements...

Anyhow, here's the pitch:

Person for a 3 bed/2 bathroom modern fully furnished top floor apartment. Own room (single beds). Just off Fitzwilliam Square/Leeson St, Dublin 2. NTL, Phone, washer/dryer, microwave, LAN & in process of installing 128k Internet connection. No parking. Available September 1st. Smokers and heavy drinkers welcome. Rent: £430 monthly.

If you're interested, email me.

"Just because I'm evil doesn't mean I'm not nice." - Charlie Fulton

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Alis

Corinthian,

You didn't mention whether you were male or female. I think a lot of people would prefer to know when looking at a potential flatmate.

I'm not actually looking for a place but if I was I think I'd prefer to share with girls because I'm a girl.

If I've moved in with a guy I'd be worried I might start hearing things like:

"I never remember their names in the morning"

"if you’re not sleeping with them by the end of the third date, move on"

"Nothing worse than dating a woman for months only realise that all you actually wanted to do was shag her."

"EX's are great for those dry patches we all go through from time to time"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Don't you think it would be worse if such a man thought it but didn't say it? Do you value appearances so much over honesty?

btw, while we're on the subject, do you have a sister? tongue.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Perhaps she was intimating that you might change.... but I guess, leopard, spots, etc smile.gif

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Alis loves Corinthian etc. smile.gif

The Corinthian wrote:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Don't you think it would be worse if such a man thought it but didn't say it?</font>

Yes I agree. I also think that there are men in existance that don't actually think things like that in the first place smile.gif

The Corinthian wrote:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Do you value appearances so much over honesty?</font>

No, I value honesty over appearances. What makes you think I don't confused.gif

The Corinthian wrote:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">btw, while we're on the subject, do you have a sister?</font>

Now, I really don't know what subject, whether or not I have a sister, is relevant to, but yes I have one confused.gif

DeVore wrote:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Perhaps she was intimating that you might change.... but I guess, leopard, spots, etc</font>

Any man who actually endorses any of sentiments expressed in the examples I gave can change. Realising that it is an attitude that will him nowhere that he wants to go fast might just do it smile.gif

Canaboid wrote:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Alis loves Corinthian etc.</font>

Of course I do. I'm sure if The Corinthian has ever made any remarks like the examples I gave, they were only made in jest smile.gif

Good luck finding flat mates biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Alis (edited 21-08-2001).]

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Alis:
    I also think that there are men in existance that don't actually think things like that in the first place</font>

They also like shopping and interior design.

They're generally not attracted to women however... wink.gif
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Any man who actually endorses any of sentiments expressed in the examples I gave can change.</font>

All he needs is the love of a good woman tongue.gif
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">[This message has been edited by Alis (edited 21-08-2001).]</font>

I wonder what you had posted originally...

[This message has been edited by The Corinthian (edited 21-08-2001).]

The Corinthian wrote:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">They also like shopping and interior design. They're generally not attracted to women however...</font>

So if a man has respect for a women he must be gay rolleyes.gif

The Corinthian wrote:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">All he needs is the love of a good woman</font>

No, he needs to wake up and smell the coffee and realise that no good women wouldn't have him smile.gif

The Corinthian wrote:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I wonder what you had posted originally...</font>

I wonder if you will ever learn smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Wow.. it's like a series of "Three's Company" in here.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

No, he needs to wake up and smell the coffee and realise that no good women wouldn't have him
    </font>

I must point out that a double negative here makes a positive. But the negative is still unfair to say: by that standard noone can ever change for the better, and thats just not true.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by logic1:

.logic.
    </font>

Pretty cool, huh? We never guessed the accommodation board could be this exciting! smile.gif

Al.

Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity.

You really should you know.

The Corinthian wrote:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Indeed you did Alis. This was such a quiet and respectable suburban thread before you decided to stir things up.
    But it has been amusing to stir further</font>

Yes, well if you could stop replying, so as I could have the last word smile.gif

Devore wrote:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Alis, dont you realise that all a woman needs is a good seeing to by the sex *GOD* that is The Corinthian. Even the ones interested in shopping and interior design</font>

Dev, I'm surprised at you, lowering the tone in here by bring *sex* into the equation smile.gif I may have taken this thread out of suburbia but you're bringing it straight to the trailer park smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

You obviously haven't seen dev in a string vest hollerin' at the game on tv whilst clutching a bottle of budweiser smile.gif

Regi wrote:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">You obviously haven't seen dev in a string vest hollerin' at the game on tv whilst clutching a bottle of budweiser</font>

Ok, I've heard enough, can I please have the last word now smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You didn't mention whether you were male or female.</font>

I would say male as females tend to share with other females and say so.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    I would say male as females tend to share with other females and say so.
    </font>

How dare you attempt to bring this back on topic!

Alis, your reworked conversation still had the double negative, but you didn't intend it, right? Even so,
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    he needs to wake up and smell the coffee and realise that no good women would have him</font>

seems quite final. Perhaps you didn't mean it to sound that way, if so apologies for the misinterpretation.

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Noddy

You all seem to be enjoying your tit for tat session but I'd like to revert to the original topic of conversation if I can (at the risk of being slammed). In advance, sorry to interrupt!

The room sounds great! Any chance you could bring the price down a bit. £430 is a touch on the steep side don't ya think!

20 years from now you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the things you did!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Noddy:
    The room sounds great! Any chance you could bring the price down a bit. £430 is a touch on the steep side don't ya think!
    </font>

Actually, that room is already gone. However, there's another room going. As this room is quite small, it's going for £375 p.m.

£430 for Fitzwilliam Sq. is not steep, btw. Not nowadays - unless you count slum tenements frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 78,283 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Guys, can ye stay on topic - I was tempted to send this to the relationship board. While Alis is new, the rest of ye spammers (yes, including you Dev) should all get negative Karma.

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Victor:
    Guys, can ye stay on topic - I was tempted to send this to the relationship board. While Alis is new, the rest of ye spammers (yes, including you Dev) should all get negative Karma.
    </font>

Jawohl, mein Kapitän, absolut sofort.

And while you're there, maybe we should flay ourselves accross the back with branches? smile.gif

Al.

[edit] Relationship board?

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 21-08-2001).]

logic1 wrote:
    Wow.. it's like a series of "Three's Company" in here.</font>

Ok, I must of been living in a country which doesn't have that show whenever it aired, because I don't know what it is confused.gif

Trojan wrote:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I must point out that a double negative here makes a positive.</font>

I meant to write:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">No, he needs to wake up and smell the coffee and realise that no good women would have him</font>

It was 3.30 in the morning, OK smile.gif

Trojan wrote:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">But the negative is still unfair to say: by that standard noone can ever change for the better, and thats just not true.</font>

I didn't mean to say people can't change for the better. Maybe you are not following, if you ignore my double negative the conversation reads like this:
    Devore:
    Perhaps she was intimating that you might change.... but I guess, leopard, spots, etc
    Alis:
    Any man who actually endorses any of sentiments expressed in the examples I gave can change. Realising that it is an attitude that will him nowhere that he wants to go fast might just do it
    The Corinthian:
    All he needs is the love of a good woman
    Alis wrote:
    No, he needs to wake up and smell the coffee and realise that no good women wouldn't have him
    </font>

I don't see where I'm saying people can't change confused.gif

Trojan wrote:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Pretty cool, huh? We never guessed the accommodation board could be this exciting!</font>

I think I may have led things a bit off topic smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Alis (edited 21-08-2001).]

Ok, I must of been living in a country which doesn't have that show whenever it aired, because I don't know what it is confused.gif</font>

US reworking/rip-off of the 1970's UK sit-com Man about the House.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I think I may have led things a bit off topic smile.gif</font>

Indeed you did Alis. This was such a quiet and respectable suburban thread before you decided to stir things up.

But it has been amusing to stir further wink.gif

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Alis, dont you realise that all a woman needs is a good seeing to by the sex *GOD* that is The Corinthian. Even the ones interested in shopping and interior design smile.gif

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by logic1:

.logic.
    </font>

yeah, i cant wait next week cause i hear The Corinthian kicks out Alis for having mixed feelings about where to spend the Christmas Eve. smile.gif

adnans

To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Is the smaller room still available?

Sorry, hehe, he's right. Its just that I know Alis and The Cornetto in real life. tongue.gif

Lets keep this on topic, and take it up in Humanities (if anyone cares).

DeV.

The small room is still available as of this date/time (Just been viewed by woman who started to talk about spy satellites - Next!).

Mail me.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:
    Sorry, hehe, he's right. Its just that I know Alis and The Cornetto in real life. tongue.gif
    </font>

It's true. He does venture out into the real World every now and then. He just get's confused by the fact that some guys have these strange bumps on their chests wink.gif

[This message has been edited by The Corinthian (edited 22-08-2001).]

Advertisement