Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€60 per month in management fees?!

2»

Comments

No I cant. They refuse to have a AGM, wont communicate etc. Apart from huge amounts spent on printing costs which is baffling is the amount spent on clamping when all my neighbors actually want far less clamping and 350 Eur on banking charges, 31,000 on managing agents etc.

Then you need to see a solicitor as they are not in compliance with the MUD Act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

31k for management agent fees to manage a development of 13 houses is scandalous if it is just for one year. IF it is for the full 12 years that is not bad.

As previously stated by others the management company is made up of owners in the estate. Each house will have one vote. If the members don't want clamping, they can vote to make it so.

The first thing is to contact the managing agent and request the current year's budget.
    That should have a breakdown of expected spend per item for the current year.
    If they refuse, request the details of the current directors and contact them directly.

Failing that, you can force an EGM and vote in new directors.
    I wouldn't be paying anymore fees until this has happened.

For a development of that size, owners should consider rotating the management agent role between them. There are probably only about 5 items to be catered for (electricity, insurance, grass cutting, sewerage maintenance contract etc.). These contracts would renew annually unless you decided to shop around. You would need someone to do the annual account but it would be straightforward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭lausp

road_high wrote: »
    I pay similar in a small estate in Kilkenny. Pays for upkeep of the estate (it’s kept very well in fairness), painting, and you dont get parking permits if you don’t pay it! Sounds pretty standard to me, can be a lot more in Dublin. Ultimately your decision but they’re clear before you buy that’s there’s a fee

I'm paying 1100 in Kilkenny for a house in a smallish estate. What does your management company charge per unit and do you have a sinking fund? Are your bins included (ours are).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭lausp

dubrov wrote: »
    31k for management agent fees to manage a development of 13 houses is scandalous if it is just for one year. IF it is for the full 12 years that is not bad.

How do you know it's scandalous without knowing where the money is going?

Our estate has a landscaper which costs 14k per year. The bins are communal which costs 10k per year. We have a sinking fund of 12k per year. We have a private sewage system also which requires maintenance.

We also have street lighting and maintenance such as painting and removal of compostable waste which regularly goes on.

You cannot say a figure is scandalous without seeing what is provided for it.

lausp wrote: »
    How do you know it's scandalous without knowing where the money is going?

Our estate has a landscaper which costs 14k per year. The bins are communal which costs 10k per year. We have a sinking fund of 12k per year. We have a private sewage system also which requires maintenance.

We also have street lighting and maintenance such as painting and removal of compostable waste which regularly goes on.

You cannot say a figure is scandalous without seeing what is provided for it.

You are thinking of service charges.
    The management agent fee is purely the fee to administer all those services (i.e. procure contracts, meet service provider on site, bill member service charges, file accounts etc.).
    31k a year would be high for 300 houses let alone 13 houses.

You are thinking of service charges.
    The management agent fee is purely the fee to administer all those services (i.e. procure contracts, meet service provider on site, bill member service charges, file accounts etc.).
    31k a year would be high for 300 houses let alone 13 houses.

It would be very high indeed. I think that particular poster needs a little more info about their MC though,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Different poster to the OP. I presume it’s a much larger development.

Sarn wrote:
    Different poster to the OP. I presume it’s a much larger development.

Yeah. Sorry I missed that. I had assumed it was the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Gearoidknows

What pissees me off with these privately managed estates is that you have to pay a yearly property tax on top of your management fees. Just seems unfair.

Yes but look what you're getting in return, all common areas are kept clean and painted, flower beds kept neat, road drainage, sewerage. House prices stay high, which in turn keep the parasites out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Dav010 wrote: »
    Then you need to see a solicitor as they are not in compliance with the MUD Act.

PLEASE don't. Report to odce ré agm and if agent is running estate report other non compliance issues to prsa.

This assumes developer is not still running omc as mud act won't apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dco90 wrote: »
    3. Our estate is remote, about ten minutes drive from the nearest town.
    Perhaps have the quality of the water checked, and have the well itself checked also. Would run a mile if both of these are denied.

Advertisement