Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thyestes day

• 23-01-2020 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Galmoy looks to be a cracker of a race no bet but would fancy Benie, will be keeping an eye on penhill for the stayers,

Was highly impressed with Abraham the last day out, I think I might have won on him even carrying a little overweight, 4/1 looks fair tomorrow

Was going to back Solomon Grundy for the big one but he is 3rd reserve so probably won’t get in will throw a 5er on Aidan’s pick for the laugh, or maybe choungaya for joesph light weight and good hurlers form I like Oakley Browne too well worth the 7 claim

Rhinestone in the 3.35 looks very intriguing at 7s

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

3:00 Gowran

Dounikos has the look of a horse that will improve tomorrow . He is a course winner and I liked the way he travelled in a very good race on his first run this year . He’s been given a real shot by the handicapper .

2 pt Ew 28/1 paddy / Betfair 6 places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Thought HDBs horse Eleazar Des Neiges was given a pretty generous mark of 119 in that handicap hurdle at 2.25. They punted the ears off it over Christmas when it won and the third has come out and won since.
    Interesting race with the fav but Ill be taking some of the 5/1 + available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Benie eats apples for breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Total Recall looks a huge price in the Thyestes

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

Gowran today

12.45 :
    OUR ROXANNE 1pt win @ 7/2
    GLINT IN HER EYE 0.5pt win @ 14/1

3.00 :
    CHEF DES OBEAUX 0.5pt win @ 13/2
    DOUNIKOS 0.5pt win @ 33/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,213 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

What's the going like down there today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

MaxBet wrote: »
    Gowran today

12.45 :
    OUR ROXANNE 1pt win @ 7/2
    GLINT IN HER EYE 0.5pt win @ 14/1

3.00 :
    CHEF DES OBEAUX 0.5pt win @ 13/2
    DOUNIKOS 0.5pt win @ 33/1

Seen him at Fhouse for the Hattons grace meeting. His arse was the size of the grandstand. Looked much fitter over xmas and today could be the day.

Dounikos NR

Anyone know what time the reserves are ruled in or out ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭famagusta

MaxBet wrote:
    Anyone know what time the reserves are ruled in or out ??

Fairly sure its ten

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Gowran Park
    2.25 Brawler
    Meydan
    2.30 Lucius Tiberius
    3.05 Chasing Dreams

I have backed Ex Patriot for the Thyestes, but I think the trip could be an issue, hopefully I am wrong, only small beans regardless, saving my money for the Dublin Racing festival etc.

Replacing the non runner with Out Sam 1/2ew in the Thyestes , 25/1

Money for Byrnes’ horse in the bumper but I’ve gone a small bet on Quite Incredible for Noel Meade ,1/2pt win @ 5/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Beni to win handy
    Ex Patriot in the Thystes for DOC
    Cappumix and the Ricci one in the second race doubled also
    Codd in the bumper

This fog isn't lifting.................

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Just the one bet on Borice for me

Apples best form is better than Bennie , she has had a run . 3.1 on Betfair seems value.

If she is anywhere close to last years form , or building up to it she may be hard to catch here . Ground is a bit of a negative though .

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Will be keeping a close eye on penhill. Prob just out for a run. Will be getting ready for Cheltenham.

aidankkk wrote: »
    Apples best form is better than Bennie , she has had a run . 3.1 on Betfair seems value.

If she is anywhere close to last years form , or building up to it she may be hard to catch here . Ground is a bit of a negative though .

I'd tend to agree with you here. However she is probably my favorite horse in training so my allegiances are somewhat biased. :pac:

‪non runner in thyestes so Changing to total recall at 20/1 6 places . Should be ready for the this on a good mark . ‬

Fairly impressive from BDD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Stunning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Would love to see her in the stayers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What happened apples ?

Very possible she goes to the Stayers if Mullins' interview is anything to go by

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    What happened apples ?

Just not good enough. Should've been about 5/1 at least today

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    What happened apples ?

Folded before they turned in. Completely lost it at this stage. Wouldn't be surprised if they retired her at this stage. Sad as that would make me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

BoldReason wrote: »
    Folded before they turned in. Completely lost it at this stage. Wouldn't be surprised if they retired her at this stage. Sad as that would make me.

If the O'Leary's have any sense they will get her right for breeding now.

There will be dirty great big queue of top stallions for her at this stage. She should be busy.

WPM hinting at Stayers but I wonder is he waiting to see Henry's plans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Great to be watching Thyestes day on a split screen with no commentary, fair play HRI.

• Advertisement

BoldReason wrote: »
    Thought HDBs horse Eleazar Des Neiges was given a pretty generous mark of 119 in that handicap hurdle at 2.25. They punted the ears off it over Christmas when it won and the third has come out and won since.
    Interesting race with the fav but Ill be taking some of the 5/1 + available.

Just the 1.04 in the run.

Advertisement