Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Betfair gone NRNB on all races.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Slattsy wrote: »
    Notebook a very solid fav alright lads and could well be hard to beat, he always seems to just do enough in front.
    But i personally thought Walsh gave Fakir a bit of a shocker at Leopardstown, i think he was too confident, gave Rachel too much rope.
    The prices are probably right. Fakir twice the price of Notebook, seems fair.

The 7lb swing makes it tougher alright, but different course, different ground, maybe a different ride, Notebook beaten 50 lengths at Cheltenham last year.. there's a lot of variables.

Chance he goes JLT but if ground if soft i'd say he 100% rocks up in the Arkle.

Had my first filthy AP bet today Slatts....Lake View Lad in the Ultima @33s Willie Hill. No NRNB or anything. :pac: Dorty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

What are thoughts on Silver Streak for the CH at 25/1. Overpriced surely?

When you see he ran well behind Epatante lto after a few mistakes. Albeit he was beaten well, it's important to consider he has proven he can do it at Cheltenham unlike Epatante. Makes a decent appeal imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

FatRat wrote: »
    What are thoughts on Silver Streak for the CH at 25/1. Overpriced surely?

When you see he ran well behind Epatante lto after a few mistakes. Albeit he was beaten well, it's important to consider he has proven he can do it at Cheltenham unlike Epatante. Makes a decent appeal imo

He is not good enough. Could be placed. He went off around 80-1 last year. I don't see him improving either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Earendil wrote: »
    Had my first filthy AP bet today Slatts....Lake View Lad in the Ultima @33s Willie Hill. No NRNB or anything. :pac: Dorty

This close to the festival?? Naughty!

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    He is not good enough. Could be placed. He went off around 80-1 last year. I don't see him improving either.

Why is he not good enough? Probably is but I'm considering his price. Epatante way down the field in the mares novice last year whereas this fella places in the Champion. Somehow prices are 10/3 and 25/1 respectively.

Pentland or Supasundae might the bet the more I think about it. Really need a horse with proof they can handle the track. Supa is a 10 yo now, anyone think he has a good shout? His first run was actually very decent at Leopardstown.

Geraghty said Epatante boiled over at the Festival last year. Hendo said it was because of the flu jabs!

I know who i believe there. Even in a bad CH, Epatante is a shocker of a bet at the prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Geraghty said Epatante boiled over at the Festival last year. Hendo said it was because of the flu jabs!

I know who i believe there. Even in a bad CH, Epatante is a shocker of a bet at the prices.

Not if you got on her @16's pre christmas she ain't!!!!
    :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Not if you got on her @16's pre christmas she ain't!!!!
    :cool::cool::cool::cool:

You daisy ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I'm reluctant to put on a whole pile just yet because I think this coronavirus could have an impact on the festival if it continues.

• Advertisement

I'm reluctant to put on a whole pile just yet because I think this coronavirus could have an impact on the festival if it continues.

Been saying this for a bit, am concerned at this point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

And that you might not get refunded or wa???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Croll wrote: »
    Agreed it's not impossible, but dont see how anyone could pick gim at 5/6s instead of Notebook at 11/4 given the task he has in reversing the form + an extra 7 lbs

Fakir is a 5 year old. He ran a superb race in last years supreme as a 4yo (should of ran in triumph). There is every possibility he can reverse the form, hes a slick jumper which is another plus around Chelt. To say its not possible he can reverse the form is madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Fakir is a 5 year old. He ran a superb race in last years supreme as a 4yo (should of ran in triumph). There is every possibility he can reverse the form, hes a slick jumper which is another plus around Chelt. To say its not possible he can reverse the form is madness.
    Read the first 4 words of my last post, I state it is not impossible? just at the prices I dont see any value in Fakir doing so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Very real possibility of it not going ahead imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

This coronavirus is a real concern

Cant see there being an issue whatsoever. Currently no known cases in Ireland and it is well contained in the UK. So transfers of people from Ireland to the UK is and will not be a problem.

Cant see there being an issue whatsoever. Currently no known cases in Ireland and it is well contained in the UK. So transfers of people from Ireland to the UK is and will not be a problem.

That could change very quickly however which is the worry. An outbreak in the UK is only a matter of time due to the volume of human traffic, if that happens then I'd struggle to see it going ahead.

lemush wrote: »
    That could change very quickly however which is the worry. An outbreak in the UK is only a matter of time due to the volume of human traffic, if that happens then I'd struggle to see it going ahead.

There's been no major increase in known cases since the first known instance in the UK. Its stagnant enough.

If there is an outbreak, the most they'll do is stop people travelling to the affected area/town - like what they've done in Italy.

And by all accounts, Italy is so bad because they made a complete balls of containing it in one of the hospitals.

• Advertisement

There's been no major increase in known cases since the first known instance in the UK. Its stagnant enough.

If there is an outbreak, the most they'll do is stop people travelling to the affected area/town - like what they've done in Italy.

And by all accounts, Italy is so bad because they made a complete balls of containing it in one of the hospitals.

I hope you're right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Whats this? In work cant open bookface as i dont have it.

Cheltenham Festival 2018 - Day One highlights

Andrew00 wrote: »
    This coronavirus is a real concern

Which race? :pac:

Cheltenham Festival 2018 - Day One highlights

So basically no ****ing use to me!

So basically no ****ing use to me!

Just some light viewing to get yourself giddy on this Tuesday two weeks before Cheltenham!!

Just some light viewing to get yourself giddy on this Tuesday two weeks before Cheltenham!!

Ha ha I'm giddy enough!

• Advertisement

Guess who has to do a major work presentation on front of all our clients on the Thursday morning now....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Guess who has to do a major work presentation on front of all our clients on the Thursday morning now....

Sean from accounts?

Sean from accounts?

Sean isnt up to it, i thought Michael was nailed on for the job, a very well spoken and engaging individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

ehh who would that be Ted :P

lemush wrote: »
    I hope you're right.

3 Irish schools currently in affected areas on Ski-ing trips!
    SKI-ING TRIPS!!

Tis far from ski-ing trips we were rared!!!
    If Cheltenham is in danger cos some fancy poncey schools wanted to go Ski-ing, i will riot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

SKI-ING TRIPS!!

If Cheltenham is in danger cos some fancy poncey schools wanted to go Ski-ing, i will riot!

I predict one.

SKI-ING TRIPS!!

I would say they are all phucked Raj. The amount of snogging and riding that goes on whilst on those school ski trips is nothing short of shocking. They would be out all night wearing the faces off each other down at the Apres Ski.

If they have closed the school in England over a confirmed case... You can be guaranteed that person was snogging and quite possibly riding an Irish pupil last week. They always go mad for nookie on tour and they never want to get a rep in their own school. I would say the Italian Alps are like a den of depravity at the moment, especially at half term.

I would say they are all phucked Raj. The amount of snogging and riding that goes on whilst on those school ski trips is nothing short of shocking. They would be out all night wearing the faces off each other down at the Apres Ski.

If they have closed the school in England over a confirmed case... You can be guaranteed that person was snogging and quite possibly riding an Irish pupil last week. They always go mad for nookie on tour and they never want to get a rep in their own school. I would say the Italian Alps are like a den of depravity at the moment, especially at half term.

What are you on???

Text book error Gav. Never let your bosses know you are into racing, da chunts have been lining that one up for a while. Probably winding you up, they will cancel it on the Friday before, or if you work for a real asshole the night before. It is their only way of guaranteeing you will lift a finger and concentrate at all that week.

People who are not into racing never get it, the enthusiasm or the excitement of Cheltenham, to the point that they actually despise people who are into it. They resent your passion for it, it is like they feel like you deserve to be punished for having a passion outside of work. It becomes like a thing to them. I could be wrong but were you told about the presentation by a superior who is not into racing? Highly plausible, that is how they do.

If your work was into racing they would not be annoying your clients the week of Cheltenham. Risky enough given the general nature of Irish holidays around Paddy's day etc. I doubt many of your clients are interested in watching a presentation when they could be out watching the racing. The irony that your company is actually annoying clients whilst seeking their affirmation is not lost on that one. Your bosses are fools and you can tell them I said that. (actually don't do that but you know what I mean:))

What are you on???

I'd say he has been on the Corona!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Itziger

Text book error Gav. Never let your bosses know you are into racing, da chunts have been lining that one up for a while. Probably winding you up, they will cancel it on the Friday before, or if you work for a real asshole the night before. It is their only way of guaranteeing you will lift a finger and concentrate at all that week.

People who are not into racing never get it, the enthusiasm or the excitement of Cheltenham, to the point that they actually despise people who are into it. They resent your passion for it, it is like they feel like you deserve to be punished for having a passion outside of work. It becomes like a thing to them. I could be wrong but were you told about the presentation by a superior who is not into racing? Highly plausible, that is how they do.

If your work was into racing they would not be annoying your clients the week of Cheltenham. Risky enough given the general nature of Irish holidays around Paddy's day etc. I doubt many of your clients are interested in watching a presentation when they could be out watching the racing. The irony that your company is actually annoying clients whilst seeking their affirmation is not lost on that one. Your bosses are fools and you can tell them I said that. (actually don't do that but you know what I mean:))

Let's hope this was a joke. You do realise we're in a tiny fooking minority here, yeah? In England I'd say 95% of the population either couldn't give a toss or have never heard of Cheltenham or both. In the States, maybe his clients are Yanks, that % would be more 99.9. If they're Germans or Spanish or Japs or whatever, go for a round 100% who would laugh him off the stage if he gave priority to horses running around jumping fences rather than their cold, greasy shillings...........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Cash Back beats both Fakir and Notebook

You're correct.

And when you come to the end of the presentation and ask 'has anyone any questions'? some twat who likes the sound of his own voice will ask a real stupid basic question that shows he hasn't a clue what's going on!

Teachers Huh!

:pac::pac::pac::pac: they're not into horse racing, but their partner is! I've a half day each day booked so will be out the door by 12 from the presentation!
    And when you come to the end of the presentation and ask 'has anyone any questions'? some twat who likes the sound of his own voice will ask a real stupid basic question that shows he hasn't a clue what's going on!

Thankfully I'll be tagged out for the Q&A... while running out the door :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

Anyone with some big AP bets with no NRNB where the horse looks set to not run can use the Cheltenham to go ahead market to hedge your bets.

Eg. if you have €500 on klassical dream to win CH, put 350 on cheltenham to go ahead - returning 490
    If cheltenham doesnt go ahead your €500 bet will be voided by bookies and you will only be down the €350 you put on cheltenham to go ahead.
    If it does go ahead you have reduced your loss from €500 to €360.

Dont know if that interests any one but might save ye some money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

What are the chances of this being cancelled due to the virus

There's a thread on the virus. Apparently the chances are around 7/4 according to Betfair exchange.

Interested to see how f*cked over the Irish get with the handicap weights announcement soon. Discorama will get hammered I have a feeling... Can't be having a horse with good Cheltenham form go off on a decent mark. Especially in the Ultima. English wouldn't like that. The markets should be interesting after the announcement nevertheless.

Activial is my current pick for the Ultima (25s NRNB), hoping his season over unsuitable distances brings his mark down enough from last year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Time are the weights out at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

The Mig wrote: »
    Time are the weights out at?

Came out at 12:25 last year from looking at my spreadsheets.

FatRat wrote: »
    There's a thread on the virus. Apparently the chances are around 7/4 according to Betfair exchange.

Interested to see how f*cked over the Irish get with the handicap weights announcement soon. Discorama will get hammered I have a feeling... Can't be having a horse with good Cheltenham form go off on a decent mark. Especially in the Ultima. English wouldn't like that. The markets should be interesting after the announcement nevertheless.

Activial is my current pick for the Ultima (25s NRNB), hoping his season over unsuitable distances brings his mark down enough from last year.

It's not as short as 7/4 is it?!?!?! :confused::confused::(:(
    Thought i had heard about 1/10 to go ahead??

Can you please keep the virus scaremongering to the other thread, and let the grown ups talk horses here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

the queen mother is surely the race of the festival ....altior for me just about nicks it !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Russell has the bunny ears ready for all ye doubters.
    GO ON THE PERCY

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »
    the queen mother is surely the race of the festival ....altior for me just about nicks it !!

One to sit back and enjoy. Cannot see myself having a bet on it, certainly at current prices. If you gave me a 10er though i'd just about plump for CPS.

Advertisement