Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Landlord using tenants address for his post.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,551 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Garibaldi? wrote: »
    Dont feed the trolls people.

leave moderation to the moderators. Report posts if you have issues - nobody at all has here yet

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭LotharIngum

It is my house. I have rights to reside in it. He doesn't.

You wouldn't have a chance with me big man. The law is on my side.

Oh dear. I feel like im in the local chip shop after a night out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Pretty s*itty thing to do, why not just throw the mail in a box for him/her to collect. It’s effortless.

If the landlord said to them, hey some mail still comes here for me would it be okay if i popped round once a month at a set time and grabbed it from you. I don't think anyone would have an issue.

But the landlord calls at random unannounced times and demands his post. And has now started bullying a woman over it because they are rightfully sick of these unannounced drop ins.

He claims he has a right to it, but in fact he doesn't. The tenants have a legal right to enjoy their home in peace without this intrusion.

OP, if you want to meet him half way then tell him he can only call at a set time once a month to collect post. Otherwise you won't be able to meet him and he isn't allowed to call unannounced. If he tries to call outside the time set tell him you are unavailable.

Call the PRTB and get this complaint on record. Use their mediation service if you need to.

If he tries to bully you again tell him he will have to enter into mediation with the PRTB if he wants to discuss it further.

Advertisement