Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank statements for mortgage

Options
  • 03-01-2019 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Just a quick question, when applying for a mortgage can I print out my bank statements online (I get them electronically) or do I need to order 'official statements' from the bank.

Giving them to a broker.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Depends on the bank. Some are fine with electronic statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Judith Ann

So to improve my chances of getting approved/speed things along, I should order the official statements?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Online is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

They must have the name and account number on them so they need to be proper statements rather than print outs of transactions only. You can print them yourself from your online banking but as I said they must be statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Judith Ann

Perfect thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We downloaded the PDF versions of the statements from our accounts, and that was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

As long as they have your name and address and account number on that'll be fine.

Advertisement