Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Problem

Options
  • 08-07-2011 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, a bit of advice would be appreciated. I've been living in rented accomodation for 10 months now (I signed a lease agreeing that I would stay for at least 6 months)

The heat/hot water has broken down 3 times. The first time, I told the landlord and after a week or two, he got back to me saying the plumber is coming the next day. So I waited at home, plumber came and fixed it.

Second time, same thing, told landlord; he gave me the plumber's number and I rang him, organised a time and waited. He never showed up. Rang again and organised another time on another day. He showed up and fixed it.

This is the third time. I sent the landlord a text about it breaking down 7 weeks ago. I didn't hear anything from him or the plumber so I asked the landlord again last week. Landlord said he told the plumber about it and that the plumber was supposed to ring me. He said he was on holidays so he sent me the number of the plumber again and told me to call him.

I rang the plumber (who said he forgot to ring me 6 weeks ago) and organised for him to come over at 10am yesterday morning. He never showed up. I tried ringing him all day and eventually I got a text from him in the evening saying he got caught up in another job and that he'll come early today instead. I sent a text back saying to please be there at 10am as I can't keep taking days off work like this. 10am came and went today and no plumber. I've been trying to ring him but he's not picking up.

What should I do? I'm getting really pissed off by the entire situation.

Advertisement