Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best and final offers

Options
  • 02-06-2015 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

Anybody expérience with this ? Is it just that they arent getting interest in the property or so much interest they want to draw it to a head ? What happens after all bids received

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I bought my apartment that way. I bid c. 5k more than i thought it was worth and so ended up paying 5k more than what the next guy would pay. However, i was prepared to pay that extra 5k to secure the deal. So its not for the faint of heart or bargain hunters (althoughbyou could get lucky)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I bought my apartment that way. I bid c. 5k more than i thought it was worth and so ended up paying 5k more than what the next guy would pay. However, i was prepared to pay that extra 5k to secure the deal. So its not for the faint of heart or bargain hunters (althoughbyou could get lucky)

Was it a bank sale ? How long after the bidding did you find out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

We were going to go to best and finals, standard sale. Ended up buying else where but we were told we'd be told the next day after bids were due. Frankly anything else would have had me leaving it as there is no reason they can't say straight after B&F bids are in.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Was it a bank sale ? How long after the bidding did you find out ?

I think so. It took ages, c. 6 months due to messing by a variety of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Lost out on a house 4 years ago on one of these. 4 bidders ,,we were last of 4 . 1800 shy of the leading bid . I was amazed at the time that we were all so close . we were told the evening that the bids were made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Lost out on a house 4 years ago on one of these. 4 bidders ,,we were last of 4 . 1800 shy of the leading bid . I was amazed at the time that we were all so close . we were told the evening that the bids were made.

Yeah but if the sale falls through no one will expect a large discount...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Anybody expérience with this ? Is it just that they arent getting interest in the property or so much interest they want to draw it to a head ? What happens after all bids received

We got a call the first week in January for "best and final bids" as per the property price register the house sold on the 20th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Millem wrote: »
    We got a call the first week in January for "best and final bids" as per the property price register the house sold on the 20th March.

Was it a bank sale ? How does it work do all offers go to the bank to decide ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Was it a bank sale ? How does it work do all offers go to the bank to decide ?

It was a house for sale with DNG 4 sir Ivor mall.
    There was another house we looked at that was defo a bank sale beside St Augustins school and the rule was it was only to be up for sale for 4 weeks than whoever had the highest bid got it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement