Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewing property again before signing the lease

Options
  • 04-07-2011 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I viewed a house a few weeks ago, paid the deposit to the agency and we're due to meet the people in the agency later in the week to sign the lease and get the keys, but we'd like to get another look at the house before signing. Is that really a big deal for the agency to organise?

I was taking to someone there on the phone today and they pretty much said "sure you'll be able to view it after you sign and get the keys"!

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Did all of your group get to see it? Have one of the people that didn't have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Just me and my girlfriend moving in, both of us viewed it a few weeks ago. The house looked very nice, just needed a few things were to be before we moved in, new bed in main bedroom, hedge and grass to be cut, some painting etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

You should insist on seeing the property again before signing the lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Since you asked for things to be done, it is very reasonable for you to see the place again- and verify these have been done- before signing the lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Recon wrote: »
    Just me and my girlfriend moving in, both of us viewed it a few weeks ago. The house looked very nice, just needed a few things were to be before we moved in, new bed in main bedroom, hedge and grass to be cut, some painting etc.
    Then you need to tell them that. You don't want a second viewing as such, you want changes made.

Potentially what can be done is that all this is put in writing, you sign the lease and pay your deposit, the changes are made and you move in. Everyone happy.

The way you presented it originally, you sounded like you were undecided and/or were timewasters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they obviously havent done the relevant work if they're trying to get you to sign first.

tell them that you want to view it again or you're going elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Thanks for all the replies. Viewed the house, all the work we asked to be done was done. Got the keys and moved in yesterday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

glad I was wrong with this one

good luck with your new place OP

Advertisement