Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

could anyone help identify this old rte programme

Options
  • 16-01-2020 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi, Just wondering if anyone might be able to help me identify an old RTE produced programme from 1978 or 1979.

I think it was a one off drama, or short series, and I think it was about the travelling community and the difficulties they faced. I think it was shown on a Thursday evening quite late.

(one short section of it was filmed in my classroom in my old primary school, St.Benildus primary school in Kilmacud, which is why I am interested in it).

Some people have suggested The Spike, but I don't think it was , as that whole thing was set in a school, whereas the programme I remember had only that one short sequence set in a school.

Thanks if anyone has any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Were the main characters adults or children? Were there any name actors in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

could have been The Spike' it was taken off air after some guy had a heart attack while watching it as there was a bit of a sex scene in it, [just as well he's not around today to see what's on the tele.]

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭180567

Were the main characters adults or children? Were there any name actors in it?

The characters were all adults, and it was quite a serious drama. and I can't remember if there were any well known actors in it.

Maybe I've got the years wrong and it was earlier.

Advertisement