Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LÉ Aisling fate

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

What was noticable was the video didn't show off any weapons on board ... Usually in a video showing off a new anything military ,they'll show off the guns or missiles ect ,
    It's a 70s ex fishery patrol vessel , not armed,not with fancy radar , no helideck ,no landing craft ,
    At best a training vessel ??

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Markcheese wrote: »
    What was noticable was the video didn't show off any weapons on board ... Usually in a video showing off a new anything military ,they'll show off the guns or missiles ect ,
    It's a 70s ex fishery patrol vessel , not armed,not with fancy radar , no helideck ,no landing craft ,
    At best a training vessel ??

I think that video is several months old she since has being re armed to simlar spec to when she was irish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭sparky42

roadmaster wrote: »
    I think that video is several months old she since has being re armed to simlar spec to when she was irish

Which is still extremely limited and little great threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Leonidas BL

sparky42 wrote: »
    Which is still extremely limited and little great threat.

Exactly, and when the time comes, the Peacocks should be sold to them as well, but this time at a proper price.

Exactly, and when the time comes, the Peacocks should be sold to them as well, but this time at a proper price.

Chances are when the Peacocks are being sold that the Philippines will be the nation most likely to bu them given they have the others in service right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Leonidas BL

sparky42 wrote: »
    Chances are when the Peacocks are being sold that the Philippines will be the nation most likely to bu them given they have the others in service right now.

As long as they get good money for them I dont care who gets them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭jonnybigwallet

Yeah...would have been a good idea for the lads to get a bit of gunnery practice in all right. Could have done it in deep Atlantic waters. Would have been a pretty cool recruitment video into the bargain!

As long as they get good money for them I dont care who gets them.

They'll get the market price for them as they did for all the others they have sold off. By the time the Peacocks go they'll be hitting 4 years I'd bet and will most likely be demilitariased as well. If they hit a few million it's likely to be as much.

Advertisement