Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Query roll call in national school

• 03-11-2019 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm not a teacher but my little fellam has a hospital apt later this week. I was going to send him to school for an hour and pick him up to just to get him on the roll call for the day. I know they take the roll at 10am. But do you have to be in school for a certain number of hours in a day to get marked down as present for the day or is it if you are there when the roll is taken that you get marked as present. I know my little fella will have days off next year for an op so I'm trying to keep the number of days he is off at a minimum. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

Present for the roll call, marked in then for day.
    School prob has an early leaving/arriving book or way of recording that too for health and safety reasons but overall attendance is based on...there for the roll call.
    I'm not a teacher but my little fellam has a hospital apt later this week. I was going to send him to school for an hour and pick him up to just to get him on the roll call for the day. I know they take the roll at 10am. But do you have to be in school for a certain number of hours in a day to get marked down as present for the day or is it if you are there when the roll is taken that you get marked as present. I know my little fella will have days off next year for an op so I'm trying to keep the number of days he is off at a minimum. Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Send him in , roll or not, will he be able to get back to school? I wouldn't worry too much in terms of "days off"- think in terms of time missed , so every minute he can be in school is good. Whilst the school will have to make a submission to Tusla is he misses 20 days or more in the school year, if there is a legitimate reason for him to be out, the school will be able to mention it.

And just to add, it doesn't have to reach 20 days for a report, the report can be sent if the school is concerned about attendance at a smaller number of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

If he has genuine reasons for being off (it seems he does) why don't you just explain that to the school? What's the issue you foresee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

If you are sending him in just for the sake of the roll and not being marked out, I would just leave it tbh. You are only adding another task to your day and stressing yourself and the fella out tryign to make roll call and then going away again.

You won't get in trouble for it if he is out more than 20 days with a legitimate reason such as medical reasons or hospital visits. School/Tusla will see it and be like, yeah OK grand, next.

And even if there isn't a legitimate reason, sure Tusla are absolutely toothless. You'll get a cranky letter in the door and that'll be it. Sure what do you think they are going to do like?

Advertisement