Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin vs Cork for nightlife?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,745 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Well obviously it's Dublin, but the anti Dublin brigade will say it's Galway or Kilkenny with their 2 streets and 7 different restaurants! Don't get me wrong they're nice places but they're more like small towns than cities.
    Dublin is an average sized city on a European scale but I've lived in London and other cities for years and Dublin has a lot going for it these days, lots of variety in bars and restaurants and a really eclectic mix of people.
    There are countless restaurants I still want to try and I keep on finding new cool pubs and bars in and around the city centre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

cgcsb wrote: »
    You sound like a wind-up merchant that is unfamiliar with western civilization.

If by that you mean, I'm not on board with glamourization of ruralization as tends to happen in overly culturalized towns, then yes - but it's not a case of unfamiliarity as much as, I'm just not down with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

If by that you mean, I'm not on board with glamourization of ruralization as tends to happen in overly culturalized towns, then yes - but it's not a case of unfamiliarity as much as, I'm just not down with that.

What in the standardized fortified fuck are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Well obviously it's Dublin, but the anti Dublin brigade will say it's Galway or Kilkenny with their 2 streets and 7 different restaurants! Don't get me wrong they're nice places but they're more like small towns than cities.
    Dublin is an average sized city on a European scale but I've lived in London and other cities for years and Dublin has a lot going for it these days, lots of variety in bars and restaurants and a really eclectic mix of people.
    There are countless restaurants I still want to try and I keep on finding new cool pubs and bars in and around the city centre.

I find the casual dining scene in Dublin to be way more varied and high quality than most similar sized cities in Europe. I would say even better than some 'mega' cities. The club scene could be improved, I think it's held back by restrictive opening hours and high taxation on alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

sorry?

I was of course referring to your attitude to girls of questionable age and homosexuals and as evidenced from other threads your general lack of believability.

• Advertisement

cgcsb wrote: »
    I find the casual dining scene in Dublin to be way more varied and high quality than most similar sized cities in Europe. I would say even better than some 'mega' cities. The club scene could be improved, I think it's held back by restrictive opening hours and high taxation on alcohol.

It's held back more so by atrocious taste in music.

Opening hours don't bother me that much.

If I don't manage to get laid within 2 hours, another 4 hours probably isn't gonna make too much difference.

PS - no one ever got laid by sitting at a table eating food.
    Nightclubs are all that matters.

...PS - no one ever got laid by sitting at a table eating food...

Oh yes they ruddy-well did, youngfella! :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    What in the standardized fortified fuck are you talking about?

It's basically code for, "I'm trying to dodge the small town feel. My activities require anonymity, not every 2nd sumbitch recognizing who I am".

jimgoose wrote: »
    Oh yes they ruddy-well did, youngfella! :pac:

Not by strange.

Not unless the waitresses are moonlighting for extra cash after hours (which happens more often than you'd think).

Consider the logistics of affairs, not to mention - what self respecting restaurant serves a bunch of chicks wearing hot pants?

It's basically code for, "I'm trying to dodge the small town feel. My activities require anonymity, not every 2nd sumbitch recognizing who I am".
    Not by strange...

Oh, I see. I'm a bit ould for strange, and also for caring who recognizes me. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,745 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It's held back more so by atrocious taste in music.

Opening hours don't bother me that much.

If I don't manage to get laid within 2 hours, another 4 hours probably isn't gonna make too much difference.

PS - no one ever got laid by sitting at a table eating food.
    Nightclubs are all that matters.

I think he meant a different type of nightclub, where people dance and take drugs and they go on till all hours and have good DJs.
    You can get your culchie nightclub fix up in Flannery's or Harcourt Street.

Advertisement