Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeVar-ovision (SURLAW) ; The Reveal

Options
  • 22-05-2020 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

The Votes Have Been Counted & Verified

20 Songs Faced Off

25 Nations Submitted Results

And Now The Day Has Come For The Reading of the Results

It's All Going Down @ 7pm This Evening

You Won't Want To Miss It

giphy.gif

Here's A Reminder of the Songs...

Amanda Palmer - Runs In The Family
    Weezer - Beach Boys
    Metric - Satellite Mind
    machineheart - Altar
    Paul Kelly - Dumb Things
    Áine Cahill feat. Courage - Blood Diamonds
    Dermot Kennedy - Power Over Me
    The Bangles - Following
    Ward Thomas - Rather Be Breathing
    Fitness - Cold Rain
    Travis - Something Anything
    a-ha - Hunting High and Low
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Multi-Love
    The Interrupters - She's Kerosene
    The Shires - Lightning Strikes
    Genesis - Land of Confusion
    Wild Youth - Can't Move On
    Amiel - Lovesong
    Kate Bush - The Man With The Child In His Eyes
    Lankum - The Young People

And the Playlist...

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5TG1Vck7FVb5sTblhlbYKs?si=hmgwaqmxQhWjgrVOz308GA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Discussion is encouraged throughout the reveal, but please don't give away exactly how you voted until after your own results have been read, you know, for suspense and stuff

I'm really looking forward to this. It was a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

This is so exciting!!!

I'll start the discussion with one of my favourite Eurovision moments ever - and not just because it's from my country!! The best song we ever sent to the competition.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    The best song we ever sent to the competition.

I beg to differ. :pac:

As the kids these days are saying...

It's Gonna Be Cornetto Fresh, Yo!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Discussion is encouraged throughout the reveal, but please don't give away exactly how you voted until after your own results have been read, you know, for suspense and stuff

Well I can reveal to everyone that I voted for....

10 songs ;)

I have mixed feelings about this one. I didn't like the song that much, but I thought the stage presentation was very good!

All the Greek songs making me sad. I was meant to be going to Crete on Monday :(:(

All the Greek songs making me sad. I was meant to be going to Crete on Monday :(:(

Sorry to hear that Strawbs, hope you get another chance to visit my country soon!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro wrote: »
    Well I can reveal to everyone that I voted for....

10 songs ;)

And I can reveal that I voted for the other 10 :p

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that Strawbs, hope you get another chance to visit my country soon!! :)

When you gave the full answer to Amelie in the movie poster quiz I got it in my head you were French, this is very confusing for me :pac:

I have mixed feelings about this one. I didn't like the song that much, but I thought the stage presentation was very good!

Actually come to think of it, I really liked Greece's songs in 2019 and 2018 though sadly neither was done particularly well live.

Aww that sucks, sorry to hear that. :( But hopefully it will make it even sweeter when you do finally get to go!

Never been to Greece myself, it's on the bucket list!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And I can reveal that I voted for the other 10

Just you wait till I get my SURLAW up, I'll force feed you all!!

Mwahahaha

When you gave the full answer to Amelie in the movie poster quiz I got it in my head you were French, this is very confusing for me :pac:

hahahaha, no!!!
    I am always conscious about the original title of the film because the translations that the Greek film distributors attempt in Greek leave a lot to be desired.
    Having said that, the translation for Amelie in Greek was also simply Amelie!! :D

I will. I’ve been to Zakynthos before which I love. I was tied to travelling on a Monday which is why I chose Crete this time. When I’m able to, I’ll be doing a tour of mainland and a bit of island hopping. Greece definitely my go to destination.

Just you wait till I get my SURLAW up, I'll force feed you all!!

Mwahahaha

giphy.gif

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Friday night sorted so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ok folks if we're talking about best Greek entries, we CANNOT forget the OPA song! My favourite Greek entry.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Ok folks if we're talking about best Greek entries, we CANNOT forget the OPA song! My favourite Greek entry.

What was the entry you sent me for my Walrus again Molly? I really liked that one!

What was the entry you sent me for my Walrus again Molly? I really liked that one!

I've unfortunately deleted my sent items so I've no clue. May go back and dig out the thread.

• Advertisement

I went and checked. It was Norway's entry from last year. Should've won.

Yeah that's the one, it was really good!

This year was gonna be Iceland's year to win. The song is just peak Eurovision. I would've been up dancing along with this had it actually gone ahead.

I DARE you not to click your fingers along with them.

lovely synthpop this Iceland song, it would definitely be in the top-5.

The Icelandic singer Daði Freyr is actually coming to Dublin in December, playing two nights in the Academy (Covid-19 allowing)

Tickets €15, limited availability: https://www.ticketmaster.ie/dadi-freyr-tickets/artist/5338123

In "Rather Be Breathing", the notes between the lines in the chorus really sound like another song but I can't get it, anyone know?

Not long now...

While we're waiting, just to get everyone in the mood, it's Riverdance!

Excited for this now like

GiddyDelightfulAnkole-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Right, here we go!!!

giphy.gif

Advertisement