Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

01-08-2011, 19:38   #1

Facebook

Dear Sir/Madam
I would like to bring to your attention the way in which your recent Facebook competition was misleading and unprofessional in the way in which who ever is in-charge of your social interface has responded and ran the competition. Il start by explaining this from scratch because it could easily get confusing.
On June 25th QD (Facebook) posted this comment stating "Attn QD Fans - Complete this sentence: the next set of tickets for a musical performance in Ireland that QD awards as a competition prize should be for________________ ? The most popular entry with the most LIKE's will win a mystery prize." and then on the 11th of july this was posted "Right then QD fans, competition time again! Tell us which act YOU want to see next. The QD Fan who's suggestion has the most LIKE's wins a pair of tickets to see that act. Closing date: 31 July 2011. The act must be performing in Ireland from 01 September onwards". The fact that this state's competition time AGAIN indicates that this is a new competition and not the same one as the one posted on the 25th. There is a clear differentiation in criteria between these two posts which I'm sure you can agree on.
On July 12th QD posted this statement "Deidre Mulhall has 72 LIKES for EP, Jenny Bourke has 43 for Rihanna and Ro McDonald has 34 for GM. Get them LIKE's up." This indicates the leading candidates gesturing them to get more likes and it did not include the person who actually one who would have been miles ahead, the reason being is because she was in the previous competition and shouldn't have been involved in the new one.
The end result was QD joining both competitions together without any indication that this was the situation to subscribers to your page. I brought this to the attention on your Facebook wall and knowing whoever it was in charge was in the wrong, deleted by comments even the one i worked so hard on to get nearly 400 likes (which in fact delivered you great promotional awareness)and banned me and my girlfriend from the page leaving me feeling powerless to what had just happened. I was not abusive in any way merely pointing out the facts (same as i have in this post) and wanting an explanation to what had just happened.
Im hoping by posting this i will get an explanation to why the two different competitions where collaborated together without any indication and why whoever is in charge of your facebook site thought by deleting my comments and deleting me from the page would rid him from having to deal with my truthful feedback. It is not my business to make complaints i myself deal with customers day on day, face to face and the way in which he/she has dealt with the matter was nearly in a childish manor and this is why i was forced to bring this to your attention on on.boards.ie.
I appreciate you taking your time out to read my post and i hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards, Gerard Farrell
03-08-2011, 11:44   #2
QuoteDevil: Graham
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard_farrell View Post
Dear Sir/Madam
I would like to bring to your attention the way in which your recent Facebook competition was misleading and unprofessional in the way in which who ever is in-charge of your social interface has responded and ran the competition. Il start by explaining this from scratch because it could easily get confusing.
On June 25th QD (Facebook) posted this comment stating "Attn QD Fans - Complete this sentence: the next set of tickets for a musical performance in Ireland that QD awards as a competition prize should be for________________ ? The most popular entry with the most LIKE's will win a mystery prize." and then on the 11th of july this was posted "Right then QD fans, competition time again! Tell us which act YOU want to see next. The QD Fan who's suggestion has the most LIKE's wins a pair of tickets to see that act. Closing date: 31 July 2011. The act must be performing in Ireland from 01 September onwards". The fact that this state's competition time AGAIN indicates that this is a new competition and not the same one as the one posted on the 25th. There is a clear differentiation in criteria between these two posts which I'm sure you can agree on.
On July 12th QD posted this statement "Deidre Mulhall has 72 LIKES for EP, Jenny Bourke has 43 for Rihanna and Ro McDonald has 34 for GM. Get them LIKE's up." This indicates the leading candidates gesturing them to get more likes and it did not include the person who actually one who would have been miles ahead, the reason being is because she was in the previous competition and shouldn't have been involved in the new one.
The end result was QD joining both competitions together without any indication that this was the situation to subscribers to your page. I brought this to the attention on your Facebook wall and knowing whoever it was in charge was in the wrong, deleted by comments even the one i worked so hard on to get nearly 400 likes (which in fact delivered you great promotional awareness)and banned me and my girlfriend from the page leaving me feeling powerless to what had just happened. I was not abusive in any way merely pointing out the facts (same as i have in this post) and wanting an explanation to what had just happened.
Im hoping by posting this i will get an explanation to why the two different competitions where collaborated together without any indication and why whoever is in charge of your facebook site thought by deleting my comments and deleting me from the page would rid him from having to deal with my truthful feedback. It is not my business to make complaints i myself deal with customers day on day, face to face and the way in which he/she has dealt with the matter was nearly in a childish manor and this is why i was forced to bring this to your attention on on.boards.ie.
I appreciate you taking your time out to read my post and i hope to hear from you soon.

Gerard

We noted your comments in connection with the latest Quote Devil Facebook competition.

We have run several free competitions on Facebook now giving away meals in exclusive restaurants along with concert tickets to Fans who have LIKE’d Quote Devil on Facebook. Our aim from day one has always been to make a site and facebook page that is fun, relaxed informal and gives out prizes with no cost to an consumer.

All Quote Devil staff and their families are exempt from entering our competitions; there is always a prize winner and the winners are always selected transparently and in keeping with the spirit of the website – to get people to have a good time. Otherwise there would be no point.

When there was inference in your comments’ thread of improper conduct in the selection of the latest winner, we removed them as they are untrue and an unfair reflection on the winner herself who should be allowed to enjoy her prize in peace. The overwhelming majority of our fans accepted the announcement of the winner with good grace and in keeping with the spirit of the competition.

Within the past two months we have given away premium Take That tickets along with a champagne reception, Oxygen 3-day tickets and now Electric Picnic tickets. We are about to launch our next competition. We do this in absolute good faith transparently and strongly object to any suggestion otherwise or as was inferred in one comments’ thread, that the winner is fictitious and does not exist.

We acknowledge the efforts you put in and understand your disappointment. However by the very nature of the competition, it was possible for any Fan to keep track of who had the most LIKE’s simply by scrolling down on the competition page. There was also ample time (6 weeks) before the closing date for you to address any concerns or confusion you may have had over the competition. Several fans did seek clarification on various matters and these were answered to their satisfaction within 24 hours.

Yours sincerely,

The QuoteDevil Team
03-08-2011, 11:45   #3
QuoteDevil: Graham
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard_farrell View Post
Dear Sir/Madam

Gerard

We noted your comments in connection with the latest Quote Devil Facebook competition.

We have run several free competitions on Facebook now giving away meals in exclusive restaurants along with concert tickets to Fans who have LIKE’d Quote Devil on Facebook. Our aim from day one has always been to make a site and facebook page that is fun, relaxed informal and gives out prizes with no cost to an consumer.

All Quote Devil staff and their families are exempt from entering our competitions; there is always a prize winner and the winners are always selected transparently and in keeping with the spirit of the website – to get people to have a good time. Otherwise there would be no point.

When there was inference in your comments’ thread of improper conduct in the selection of the latest winner, we removed them as they are untrue and an unfair reflection on the winner herself who should be allowed to enjoy her prize in peace. The overwhelming majority of our fans accepted the announcement of the winner with good grace and in keeping with the spirit of the competition.

Within the past two months we have given away premium Take That tickets along with a champagne reception, Oxygen 3-day tickets and now Electric Picnic tickets. We are about to launch our next competition. We do this in absolute good faith transparently and strongly object to any suggestion otherwise or as was inferred in one comments’ thread, that the winner is fictitious and does not exist.

We acknowledge the efforts you put in and understand your disappointment. However by the very nature of the competition, it was possible for any Fan to keep track of who had the most LIKE’s simply by scrolling down on the competition page. There was also ample time (6 weeks) before the closing date for you to address any concerns or confusion you may have had over the competition. Several fans did seek clarification on various matters and these were answered to their satisfaction within 24 hours.

Yours sincerely,

The QuoteDevil Team
08-08-2011, 16:37   #4

Dear Quote Devil,

In response to what you have replied to Gerard's post below, I would like to state that my comments and Gerard's comments were not in anyway abusive, rude, or untrue. We simply stated what you, Quote Devil, had posted on you page. We did not state that the winner of the competition was fictitious in any way, in fact I posted "we have nothing against the winner, and fair play to her for working so hard". At this stage I feel I can speak for both myself and Gerard, that we are not upset at the competition but how this whole issue was handled.

On the 1st of August 2011 at 17:11, a facebook user commented under you post announcing the winner, the used posted "The comments were probably removed by the spelling and grammar police...", and Quote Devil "liked" this post. I feel this is disgraceful, did Quote Devil who want to be seen as a dependable professional insurance company ever bare in mind that someone might be dyslexic? Myself and Gerard have been mature about this situation but we feel like Quote Devil looks upon this as a joke. Being blocked from your facebook page has left us voiceless in this matter.

Nuala M.
08-08-2011, 16:39   #5

This is the post that quote devil liked
Attached Files
File Type: docx Quote devil print screen.docx (221.5 KB, 87 views)
08-08-2011, 16:48   #6

If what the above posters are saying is true then yes, it was very unprofessional of QD to do such things.

You clearly gave 3 users a boost to there likes there fore removing the chance of anyone else's success. Also your reply here was not exactly informative. So you have many competitions? Good for you, try and run them properly then.

Also I think the height of unprofessionalism and bad social manners is to block someone from an avenue of communication because they are questioning your ways. You should be giving a proper answer to bad feedback and if the person is still not happy accept that and try to make it right, you need to learn from your mistakes.

Again, this is all going on the seeming legit posts from this thread.

Last edited by aN.Droid; 08-08-2011 at 16:52.
Forum Closed