Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ming must've been expecting a different type of video call. Was a box of kleenex vissable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You all infected me.

Im having a what do you call it wobbler. Existential crisis, maybe?

Decided O.H is too good for me. Was quite a heavy day in fairness. Got to me. Couldnt actually form a thought this evening.

Welcome to existential crisis 101. The next task will be to ring up an ex from 15 years ago and apologise for being a ****ty person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ming the trouserless! :pac:

You've no idea how much I laughed at that! I really need to get out more and to hell with the health risks. :D

kowloon wrote: »
    Welcome to existential crisis 101. The next task will be to ring up an ex from 15 years ago and apologise for being a ****ty person.

Oh, that's never a good idea, leave the past in the past and chances are they were shıtty too.

So ... did you do this today? How did it go?

You've no idea how much I laughed at that! I really need to get out more and to hell with the health risks. :D

There's a worse one, but I can't put it here :D

It has just started lashing rain here,sounds so strange after all the great weather. I'm bedside, window open, it's very warm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Rushed and busy few hours there. Stress levels eek! Think all resolved now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, chilling:)

anyone else use the TuneIn radio pro app here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Listening to Wankelmut with Emma Louise "My head is a jungle".
    Drinking tea.
    Watching the rain.
    Nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

About to head for moo moo land. Just finishing this bag of malteasers first. Night earthlings :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

In bed . Had 2 hot whiseys and ready for sleep xx

Notthat long ago I emailed my ex and told him he was, er, a *****y person. I wasnt planning to give him a diatribe but it just went that way. Felt better for it! He was ruining lives. Doubt a word of it had any effect though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

bedside, chilling:)

anyone else use the TuneIn radio pro app here?

Is that just an app? I still use youtube for music primarily :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Watching some muck on Netflix.

Listening to Wankelmut with Emma Louise "My head is a jungle".
    Drinking tea.
    Watching the rain.
    Nice :)

Not a bad tune, had no idea what it was then realised i'd heard jenny greene playing it :pac:

it is yeah, I was looking for an app that would record more than one station at the same time, appears that one wasn't one of them

it is yeah, I was looking for an app that would record more than one station at the same time, appears that one wasn't one of them

Gosh, the last time i recorded radio it was songs on to cassettes :pac:

The same. Ripped a bunch of CDs put I can get a song on Youtube as quickly as I can access my network storage.

Gosh, the last time i recorded radio it was songs on to cassettes :pac:

Waiting around for the right song so you can press record at the right time. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The rain has started here, it's lashing.
    I'm hoping my paint job from earlier is dry already :(

To thine own self be true

Waiting around for the right song so you can press record at the right time. :D

Without the dj talking all over it :D

The rain has started here, it's lashing.
    I'm hoping my paint job from earlier is dry already :(

You were painting?. I must have been snoozing, only a wee bit of drizzle here so far.

You were painting?. I must have been snoozing, only a wee bit of drizzle here so far.

Yes, a fence. But I'm hoping it was dry because otherwise it'll be in a deluge down the road.
    Flower beds needed a good drowning though.

Nearly 02.00 i'd say it was well dry enough to withstand a shower.. I was feeling bad for plants and trees the last while alright, all the leaves coming off the trees in particular

Without the dj talking all over it :D

Those DJs were the worst, would talk either on the track run-in or before the end (or both). Like a bad club DJ who needs to shout over the track because they need the attention. :D

• Advertisement

Ahhhh the good old days of dusty rhodes and robin banks eh?? ;)

Ahhhh the good old days of dusty rhodes and robin banks eh?? ;)

I remember we'd get a schticky bun for a ha'penny before we'd go see one of the showbands at the dance hall. We all wore an onion on our belt, which was the style at the time...;)

Listening to "slow hands". Niall Horan! :D

Won't sleep. Too frustrated about a failure today.

Very funny Abe :P

i better go to sleep, have to be up by half 10 again, night folks x

• Advertisement

Listening to "slow hands". Niall Horan! :D

Won't sleep. Too frustrated about a failure today.

Hope it all sorts itself out :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Nespresso time with chicken skewers and fruit salad, its time for another lovely 14 hour work day, so we have to fill our bellies before we go.

That sounds like a nice breakfast i have to say. Hope the weather is good to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sunburn has me awake dreaming of better times like when I had aloe Vera in the fridge years ago

Clear blue skies, some thunderstorms and 43 degrees C, this is what I call a beautiful day :)

We are stuck in traffic, this is the first traffic jam that I have encountered in 3 months :)

@shoes, how long were you out in the sun for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

smurfjed wrote: »
    @shoes, how long were you out in the sun for ?

Less than an hour with spf! It was so breezy I didn’t notice how hot it was. I’m so fair I should have known better

Sitting looking out at the rain, forecast says it'll clear up later and be cooler. I can live with that.

Drinking a coffee and trawling through more bs emails.

Enjoying today :) the air feels fresher. Kitchen, Listening to the Corrs "Run away". Close the door, and lay down upon the floor, and by candlelight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Toast and marmite time which I intend to swill down with a coffee in front of the last episode of season one of Breaking Bad ( I thought it was time for a re-watch). Have to say I'm glad the sweltering heat is gone. Haven't seen any rain here yet despite the sky being full of grey clouds since yesterday evening. Feeling really washed out today. Meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Where my desk is like a glasshouse, so the lack of sun makes for a more productive Dave :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :). The sun has gone into hiding :( I hope you’re all keeping well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Deskside. Where my desk is like a glasshouse, so the lack of sun makes for a more productive Dave :)

Something similar here, my study/home office is at the right side of the house for all day sun with two nice size windows so it can get very warm in the fine weather, even this morning when the temperatures were well down I still had discard the sweater.

Kitchenside with a (hopefully) energy boosting smoothie. Bana, black cherries, honey, cinnamon, milk and almond butter.Come back, sunshine. The winter was long enough! My enthusiasm/excitement went with the sun. I feel deflated.Keep falling asleep but I've to go and do a job now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sitting looking out at the rain, .

When you were looking at the rain I was in the sea for high tide, and the rain was belting down, the wind was up and I'm 6'1'' and the waves were crashing over me just standing knee's deep.

Myself and a swim training buddie took off into it, got literally rag dolled for over 700m. Couldn't swim back against the on shore wind and wave but made a galliant effort but had to beach ourselves and walk a few hundred meters back to our baggage point.. We had a blast, but we're very experienced open water swimmers. It wasn't a day for splashing about.

So, came home with a breakfast roll 'cause I deserved it and went back to bed, because I deserved that too lol.

No plans for later, maybe a cycle or a run but likely walking Richo since the temperature is cooler today.

Oh, have goodies waiting in Parcel Motel for me :)

When you were looking at the rain I was in the sea for high tide, and the rain was belting down, the wind was up and I'm 6'1'' and the waves were crashing over me just standing knee's deep.

Myself and a swim training buddie took off into it, got literally rag dolled for over 700m. Couldn't swim back against the on shore wind and wave but made a galliant effort but had to beach ourselves and walk a few hundred meters back to our baggage point.. We had a blast, but we're very experienced open water swimmers. It wasn't a day for splashing about.

So, came home with a breakfast roll 'cause I deserved it and went back to bed, because I deserved that too lol.

No plans for later, maybe a cycle or a run but likely walking Richo since the temperature is cooler today.

Oh, have goodies waiting in Parcel Motel for me :)

How's the little guy now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Less than an hour with spf! It was so breezy I didn’t notice how hot it was. I’m so fair I should have known better

Ah the breeze. I remember getting burnt on a dull enough day by a sea breeze. Any breeze seems to make the sun burn more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

How's the little guy now?

Hey, thanks for asking. Back to his old self but I'll wait until its cooler after six to give him a little walk. It was scary, but a lesson learned. He's actually just lying beside me on the couch and snoring his brains out :)

Hey, thanks for asking. Back to his old self but I'll wait until its cooler after six to give him a little walk. It was scary, but a lesson learned. He's actually just lying beside me on the couch and snoring his brains out :)

Delighted to hear that he's well.. I'm gardenside, best lady I know has everything done for me today :)

• Advertisement

I had sun stroke as a child. It's horrible.
    I never expose myself now.
    Apparently dog's paws are great for cooling them down. Dip his paws in water regularly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement