Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting the GAMSAT exam twice in one academic year

Options
  • 15-02-2020 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi there,
    If I want to get into grad med in 2021, can I sit the GAMSAT in September 2020 and if my result isn't good enough can I sit it again then in the March 2021 sitting or is this not allowed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RoundPony

You can sit every exam sitting so yes you can sit March 2020 as well as September 2020. You could also take it again in March 2021 for admission to GEMS in 2021.

In order to have a score count for admission to a GEMS course in 2021, you would need a score from any of the following exams: September 2019, March 2020, September 2020, March 2021.

The Acer GAMSAT website has good information on the process in Ireland.
    https://gamsat.acer.org/university-admission/admission-to-programmes-ie

If you take the exam at a few (or all) of these sittings, only the highest score is sent to the CAO.

Advertisement