Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house

Options
  • 01-06-2020 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Has anybody ever had any trouble moving house (and jurisdiction) with submitting address changes? Or even renewals considering it's a different super?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

alanmc wrote: »
    Has anybody ever had any trouble moving house (and jurisdiction) with submitting address changes? Or even renewals considering it's a different super?

I did a couple of years ago a complete nightmare, things not as bad now but I was spoiled in my last area with the Super there. My new Super queried every gun i had, changed ammo allowances you name it it was tried. But that is just my area others are different, depends where you are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

solarwinds wrote: »
    I did a couple of years ago a complete nightmare, things not as bad now but I was spoiled in my last area with the Super there. My new Super queried every gun i had, changed ammo allowances you name it it was tried. But that is just my area others are different, depends where you are going.

My Father had the same issues moving from Dublin to Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭alanmc

Hmmmm. I'll have to do some homework so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

alanmc wrote: »

no issues at all straight forward

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭freddieot

Make sure you get the timing right when filling out any renewals etc. Allow for any problems with the house \ purchase \ sale \ installing of alarms \ safes delays etc.

You don't want to get a visit in your old house a week after you are supposed to have moved etc. That sort of thing really drives them into overdrive. Happened to a friend of mine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement