Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demand: COVID-19/Coronavirus related relief from insurance companies

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Shlippery wrote: »
    Liberty sent out theirs today.

€20 voucher for SuperValu or Circle K, else a €20 donation to charity.

(not sure if €20 is same for everyone)

It's not the same for everyone but I'd imagine €15 or €20 will be the norm.

its 15% of 1/6th of your policy before the levies - 2.5% - rounded up (as far as I can tell its always up) to the next fiver; €10 minimum.

I got €15 which is a fairly significant roundup as 2.5% of my policy before levies wouldn't be much more than a tenner.

I would expect they have managed to negotiate a significant bulk purchase deal on the vouchers - there wouldn't be the margins on Circle K for a big discount but Supervalu have a lot more to play with; and they'll get tax relief on the charity donations.

Its better than nothing but this is really tokenism in my opinion. I've driven my car to work twice in three months (to give it some chance of battery charging) and barely any further than the local Supervalu otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Zurich giving €40 one for all voucher

Some difference across the board

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭dasa29

got two emails from AXA today 09/06/20

The first said I would be getting a €30 refund paid in to my bank account and said this "AXA is providing a once-off refund of €30 to all our motor insurance customers. This is in recognition of the reduction in the level of motor claims experienced as a result of the Covid-19 crisis. All of our 640,000 motor insurance customers (i.e. people with car, van, taxi and motorcycle policies) will benefit from this €20 million AXA claims saving."

The second email said "We sent you an email this morning advising that you would receive a once-off payment directly to your bank account. However, we would like to clarify that as you do not currently pay by Direct Debit, this payment will be made by cheque. We will start to post cheque payments to all eligible customers from June 15th, please bear with us, processing this volume of payments may take several weeks to complete."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

My son got €25 off his bike Insurance, and my daughter €45 from her car insurance: both first timers, both with Liberty.

I notice the oul parentals, with Aviva and Chubb, got nowt - yet, anyway.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Zurich giving €40 one for all voucher

Some difference across the board

Has anybody with Zurich received theres yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Luap wrote: »
    Has anybody with Zurich received theres yet?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

The axa €30 cheque came in the post this morning.

Advertisement