Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-03-2020, 10:50   #1
funkey_monkey

Creating a Template doc using an EPS File

Hello,

I've asked a graphic designer to create a company letterhead for me and they have provided me with the output in the following formats:

Adobe Acrobat Document
Adobe Photoshop Document
Encapsulated PostScript File
JPG File

I've not got any way of editing in Adobe so it would presumably be the EPS file that I use for this task.

What I want to do is to create a MS Word Template document and embed the letterhead so that I can just open a MS Word (or Open Office) doc and write whatever into it without requiring adjustment of the embedded letterhead.

how do I go about doing this?

Thanks.
Advertisement
25-03-2020, 10:59   #2
radia

It doesn't really matter which you use since you can copy the letterhead/logo from all of them (including pdf via screenshot - enlarge it first to get good quality), but jpg or eps is probably the handiest. The simplest way would be just to put it in the header of your template document. See the instructions here: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Letterhead.
25-03-2020, 16:41   #3
funkey_monkey

The person told me to use the EPS file as it scalable unlike the JPG. The file is a full A4 page with header and footer - they are not individual headers and footers.

When embed the jpg as an image the cursor thinks it is an image (even though I've sent to to the back [and anchored it]) instead of providing me with the normal text cursor which looks like a capital 'I'.

So, I need to embed the file into a Word doc as a background or something in order for Word to forget about it. It's really annoying that the cursor does not work as per a normal doc - instead thinking the whole page is an image, unless hovered over an area of text.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion