Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

201 plates - post your pics!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

I had the same idea 18 years ago ( mines on the right ) only cost me €250 back then .

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Seem him today in a 201 LS 2 Focus driving down main street Portlaoise.

Mmmmm........ Wonder has he got rid of the Focus already?
    201 LS 95.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Jomcc wrote: »
    201 LS 95.jpg

Oh dear lord my eyes... The colour.

Could be he had a issue or is that his new motor ...

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

I've no idea. Someone else said they saw him driving 201 LS 2 but yesterday was first day I got a chance to drive past the house.
    According to Cartell 201 LS 2 is a Peugeot 5008 so I assume this is his car for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ml100

What's that thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

EcoSport titanium diesel. €26k of a thing
    He’ll get some shock trading that in next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Horrible looking yokes....

They’re €10,000 in India where they’re built for. Same price as a Duster (which is €5k cheaper than an EcoSport here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Ford Fiesta ST Line. Heated seats, heated steering wheel. Reverse parking sensors and camera. Love it! 1.1 Litre Petrol bit nippy enough!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,587 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Ford Fiesta ST Line. Heated seats, heated steering wheel. Reverse parking sensors and camera. Love it! 1.1 Litre Petrol bit nippy enough!!

My son's fiancée has the same in white, (182 reg ) I think she is on 30k+ kms or so now and loves it.
    Well wear, looks great in black :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭GusGus

Jomcc wrote: »
    201 LS 95.jpg

Oh lord .. listen I wish him well with his new car but imo it looks awful - ford have some real plonkers presently

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭GusGus

Finally got a decent pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Probably not allowed post as I don't have a pic, phone died. 201D964.

Black Tesla 3 in the Aldi in Palmerstown. Looked nice tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

201d 666

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭micks_address

201d 666

Not sure how I'd feel about 666

• Advertisement

There was a fella in Clare that got 666 on 2 Passats in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭micks_address

The devil :) i suppose 13 might be an odd number to have to...
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    There was a fella in Clare that got 666 on 2 Passats in a row.

He had ‘The Devil’s Own’ put on the number plates...

01CE666
    07CE666

Interestingly they didn’t allocate the 666 number to any car between 2002 and 2005, but an Almere got it in 2006.

It also wasn’t allocated to any car In Clare between 1992 and 2000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I must have seen about 5 different Tesla Model 3s in the last week. A Porsche Macan and Panamera around Dublin, and a blue BMW M8 (201-D-8)

The boom is back etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,320 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I must have seen about 5 different Tesla Model 3s in the last week. A Porsche Macan and Panamera around Dublin, and a blue BMW M8 (201-D-8)

The boom is back etc etc

Only in Dublin, I've seen none here in Kerry and one in Wexford, that's it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Only in Dublin, I've seen none here in Kerry and one in Wexford, that's it!!

Think you’d be mad buying a Tesla in Kerry - only one dealer in a Ireland 300km away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,320 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Casati wrote: »
    Think you’d be mad buying a Tesla in Kerry - only one dealer in a Ireland 300km away

No, not a Tesla, 201's in total.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    No, not a Tesla, 201's in total.

Does seem like a lot of new cars bought by people living in Kerry have D or C reg plates. Against advice I stuck a KY plate on mine, let’s see how it works out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,435 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Saw my first, a 201 D Transit, the boom is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Vittu

In Cavan this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭MarkN

Hope they got a good deal on that! A dead duck.

MarkN wrote: »

The mondeo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Vittu wrote: »

A great car and still looks great. Lovely colour too.

Why are you so hard on it. I wonder would you say the same if it was a boring Passat or a BMW. They bought a lovely car and obviously do not want to follow the sheep but to think for themselves.

I think the reason more people are buying CUV's and SUV's is because of speed bumps. They was not many of them around 20 years ago but now as cars have got lower and then to it them going over them people have taking to highers cars to avoid that and for more comfort. Also you can blame Boy Racers for all the speed bumps I do.
    The mondeo?

Yes its a lovely Mondeo. Fair play to ther person who bought it. Thats what your man in Laois who had the Focus should have bought.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

It looks nicer in person, nice lines and colour. Not often the back of a car looks good. Would it be my choice of new car? Probably not, but calling it a dead duck I don't get unless it's a 1.6 with 75hp

• Advertisement

Model SLine X Is a lovely spec, not many around but still miles better than most other options at that price.

Wonder will things come full circle and in ten years we realise that SUV’s take up too much space, are cost prohibitive, don’t offer any more room, and don’t like bends - and start buying proper cars like Mondeo’s again?

[quote
    If electric cars become the norm I imagine the heavier SUV will become even more expensive
    And the less sought after option. The good old mondeo might rule the roads agajn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭MarkN

I’d be surprised if Ford still make the Mondeo in a year or two is all I’m saying. I’m talking about residuals not whether the owner bought a nice colour or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Spotted two 201 Tesla Model 3's nears Ballsbridge, along with new Fiesta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

I’d be surprised if Ford still make the Mondeo in a year or two is all I’m saying. I’m talking about residuals not whether the owner bought a nice colour or not.

They will still make them but they may not sell them in Ireland. Is there an SUV boom all over the world or is the non premium saloon still a good seller anywhere?

I would have a Mondeo over a Kuga for example in a heartbeat. These cheaper SUVs are all absolute pigs, never drove one I liked. Driven a duster, a Sportage, a Tucson and an X Trail and they are all slow, underpowered and wobbly on the road. Not planted at all.

They will still make them but they may not sell them in Ireland. Is there an SUV boom all over the world or is the non premium saloon still a good seller anywhere?

I would have a Mondeo over a Kuga for example in a heartbeat. These cheaper SUVs are all absolute pigs, never drove one I liked. Driven a duster, a Sportage, a Tucson and an X Trail and they are all slow, underpowered and wobbly on the road. Not planted at all.

I actually don't see the Mondeo on Ford's website at the moment. Strange.

I think they are overcharging for the Mondeo, the new Focus starts from €22k which is quite competitive and it does well. However the Mondeo is priced the same as the Passat while offering a somewhat lesser experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Old diesel

SUVs/crossovers are great sellers all over.

Even when VW sales were in trouble in US at height of dieselgate - the Tiguan was still increasing sales I recall.

Ford signalled a while back that they wanted to do more SUVs/trucks in US.

There's still manufacturers trying to push saloons in US - like Nissan with the Sentra which which has just changed to a new Gen.

But Nissan in Europe is a clear guide to where the market is going.

You can't get a Sentra, Altima or Maxima (all saloons) or equivalent model in Nissan's Euro line up.

And I say all that as someone whose not a fan of SUV type stuff.

The eNiro is a nice package in EV terms.

But in ICE car scenarios I prefer the traditional saloon/hatchback and estate etc.

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    I actually don't see the Mondeo on Ford's website at the moment. Strange.

I think they are overcharging for the Mondeo, the new Focus starts from €22k which is quite competitive and it does well. However the Mondeo is priced the same as the Passat while offering a somewhat lesser experience.

It’s on the website.

Keep in mind a diesel Focus starts at €25k and a Titanium diesel Focus is €27k (base model Mondeo is Titanium now) vs €32k for the Mondeo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Spotted a 201 8 Series Gran Coupe yesterday - looks amazing in the flesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭nu_90

BMW 320 at work great colour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Great to see the i on that 3 series!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

did the man from laois buy a new ford car this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,587 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Peugeot 5008
    201c738
    view?usp=drivesdk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

lab man wrote: »
    did the man from laois buy a new ford car this year?

I think he bought you might want to take a deep breath as it could come as a shock but he bought a Ford Ecosport in a beige colour. Big downgrade from the Focus. Maybe the C-Max and Kuga were too big for him but the new Puma would have been a far better choice over the Ecosport.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw my first 201 a 1 series very large grill!

• Advertisement

Spotted in Cork. Looks like they couldn't wait for the MK8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    Spotted in Cork. Looks like they couldn't wait for the MK8.

Or maybe they got a good offer for stock left over :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Old diesel

You'd be surprised at how people don't really care about having the "new model" if they can have the old one right now.

My sister is in a company vehicle and literally the big priority is that her BIK etc is as low as possible.

Many people just want the new plate and we can see this with all the 80 ps slow as a wet week 1.4 Golfs and 1.4 Focus stuff that were sold back in the pre 08 tax days.

Apparently they’re doing great deals on the mk7, combine that with waiting for the new one, the inevitable price rise and deletion of equipment and teething trouble then it’s not crazy to get the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

Really? Post reg plates? Of cars? Wow.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement