Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-11-2016, 01:51   #1
paulheu

EVE Online goes F2P

Give its a try, as of today it is Free to play (well actually Freemium, but as we have found out on the F2P account it is very playable as-is with no real need to go with subscription if you choose).

Create and account here and if you are interested, come hang out when I stream the New Player Experience on Twitch tomorrow!

Advertisement
21-11-2016, 09:15   #2
ArthurG

Whenever I think of trying Eve, the attached always springs to mind.....

21-11-2016, 09:31   #3
paulheu

A _lot_ has changed since this 'graph' was drawn

At the time Eve was basically 'here take this ship, now **** off' as far as welcoming new players. Today it's very different with an excellent New Player experience, career agents and the clear focus on getting new players into a (suitable) corp to help them along.

That said, EVE is certainly not for those looking for a ready made story line like visiting an amusement park. It's still very much a sandbox where you yourself create the content you want and in fact you are the content. IMO those who say or feel EVE is boring simply lack the imagination and creativity to go out and do things on their own.
21-11-2016, 16:08   #4
Lone Stone

Well i reinstalled it thinking great now i shall get back into it, but no this is not free to play it is a unlimited trial, you are capped in skills and if you are a returning player your skills will have those caps in place and if you even leave your ship you wont be able to get back into it. So eh yea unless your just interested in trying it for the first time i wouldn't bother.
21-11-2016, 17:59   #5
paulheu

Well, the skill you have available are more than adequate to do nearly anything in the game. So yes, maybe Freemium would be a better word to describe the Alpha Clone state.
Advertisement
30-04-2017, 16:54   #6
dublin_paul

great game, would recommend
23-07-2017, 03:35   #7
Gneez

dead game, would not recommend
27-07-2017, 04:45   #8

They should make that graph again, only replace 'gaming skill' with 'tolerance of tedium'.

It was a good game once, but those days are long gone and I wouldn't have any confidence in CCP Seagull or w/e is in charge now turning it around.
25-08-2017, 16:36   #9
BrokenArrows

I was a big player from 2007-2012 and we ran a small corp of lowsec pirates whose bread and butter was to war dec large corporations and making their life hell until they paid us.

I just logged into my account settings and saw in 2007 the charge for 3 months was €38.85. They are still charging €38.85 10 years later. Really they never reincreased it?

Still i hadn't paid for subscriptions since 2008 and was able to fund myself through plex.

It really was an amazing game when i was playing with my corp but when my corp disbanded due to people stopping playing due to real life events i really couldn't get back into it.

I my final year wandering around, solo pirating and trying to find a fun corp but it was generally just boring.
Advertisement
16-03-2018, 13:44   #10
_Postal_

Anyone still play this game?

I played from 2010 - 2016 on and off. (Whatever makes up 80mil sp on my oldest toon).

Wormholes were the most fun space in it if you had competent small to medium sized group. Always nice to close unwanted doors and get a fresh view whenever you want it. Or get a fight in the process....
06-09-2018, 14:45   #11
Kiith

Pearl Abyss, the owners of Black Desert Online, have bought CCP Games. I can't imagine that will be good news for any Eve fans, as they have some seriously ****ty B2W features in their games.
Thanks from:
28-10-2018, 22:37   #12
mrmorgan

Just got it today.

God does it seem complex
04-05-2019, 14:56   #13
cadete

anyone have any old toons they would trade? drop me a pm please if you do
16-05-2020, 11:38   #14
Commissar

I'm dusting off this account to dust off this thread about the Eve character I'm dusting off ...
Is anyone playing this? Any corps in low-sec / null-sec willing to let in someone with more skill points than skills?
15-06-2020, 22:43   #15
Dzaster99

hey mate

i am not playing atm but will be returning shortly to eve.
i am with TunDragon which is part of init.
great bunch of guys let do u most things aslong as u got sence.
so eve time zones from about 6am eve dies there is not really

any au time zone so its pretty quite till about 1hr after dt.

starts to pick up. i love eve its quite an addiction though.
there is an irish channel in there u need to open the channel menu

and have a look

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion