Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-05-2017, 15:59   #1
PromedHome: Sibeal
Verified representative

Purchasing a blood pressure monitor?

Please visit us at http://www.promedhome.ie to purchase your Omron blood pressure monitor

Blood Pressure Monitor’ – is a device used to measure blood pressure, composed of an inflatable cuff to collapse and then release the artery under the cuff in a controlled manner (Wikipedia)
When purchasing a blood pressure monitor there are some criteria you should consider:
A quality device
Guaranteed accurate reading
Customer testimonials
According to the current BP monitor ratings, one brand stands out: Omron (Blood pressure monitor rating, 2011). They have endeavoured to produce the very best medical equipment with a wide array of applications and the quality and accuracy of their products is premium.  In addition, the medical devices created and manufactured by this company account for a wide range of budgets and specifications.

There are many advantages of monitoring your blood pressure accurately whenever you are suffering from conditions related to hypotension or hypertension cannot be stressed enough. It can be a concern for someone if they are told they need to monitor their blood pressure and in today’s society not everyone can invest their entire time under medical supervision in clinics, so the home blood pressure monitors can be very practical. The versions that are sold for at home use are similar to what is used in your GP or hospital. They are easy for anyone to use and the readings are given digitally so you know exactly what your blood pressure is. It is a simple, reliable way to keep track of your blood pressure when you are at home.
Some people can get anxious or nervous when going to the GP’s and this can lead to false high readings. Another name for this is white coat hypertension. Being able to monitor your pressure at home where you are more relaxed, will give you an accurate reading to report to the doctor. However, on the flip side of that, there is another problem that is called masked hypertension. This is when your blood pressure shows up as fine at the doctor’s office but is high at home. To be able to regularly check your blood pressure in the same place on a daily basis can reduce some of these anomalies and an at home blood pressure monitor can provide this and you will be able to give your GP accurate readings that are unaffected by any other factors.

How to take you blood pressure accurately using the Omron 7 series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3RaM5h32tg

Last edited by Boards.ie: Jason; 17-05-2017 at 12:19.
Advertisement
23-05-2017, 15:24   #2
PromedHome: Sibeal
Verified representative

Importance of measuring your blood pressure regularly - it can tell you a lot about your health

http://ish-world.com/news/a/May-Meas...-Involved-Now/
07-05-2020, 15:03   #3
SwordofLight

Hi guys quick question - I get anxious when the cuff is around my arm - does that mean the reading will be off? It's horrible when it's squeezing the arm and the pulse gets stronger, freaks me out because of my heartbeat issues. Which one should I buy? Wrist - but then the readings aren't accurate.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion