Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-04-2020, 18:08   #1
velo.2010

Tips for renewing old Tamiya F1 models.

Hello there,

I'm wondering how well old Tamiya decals would take to a setting fluid (Microsol?). Some of them are sticking up on the tyres and on the chassis on unfinished models. I've been reading various other forums trying to get a firm idea of what I may be able to do.

As I mentioned, I never got round to finishing a couple of models and I didn't do a great job with the clear coat on some others. Would they be up to taking a clear coat after 15 or 20 years? The models have been displayed/stored relatively air-tight, out of direct sunlight and have little or no discolouration.

I probably didn't do the best job on a number of them at the time, so I would like to see if I could bring them up to par with the time I have now.

Cheers.

Last edited by velo.2010; 02-04-2020 at 18:12.
Advertisement
04-04-2020, 14:27   #2
xieann

"Reach out. " : to the likes of modelling groups on facebook like the IPMS - I'm a facebook member and paid up subscriber too but don't attend that many meets.

facebook is your friend here.

I have a bottle of HUMBROL decal softner.

Speaking personally, I have a 20 year old decal sheet that still looks fine for an Hasegawa 1.200 airliner.
09-04-2020, 13:54   #3
Vulcan01

Maybe use Johnsons Floor polish to 'stick' then back down without risking them breaking apart? Matt over it then.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion