If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos Connect query

Options
  • 02-06-2020 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am just wondering if you can confirm are these Gen 2 Sonos Connect devices that are still supported? I would like to pair up with my Beam in the living room and wondering can this device serve this purpose.

I understand these are now discontinued by Sonos and replaced by the Port but think its overkill for my need as I just want to link up a pair of bookshelf speakers. Is this the best price available on these?

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10064-sonos-connect-zone-player-zp90.aspx

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

henke wrote: »
    Hi,

I am just wondering if you can confirm are these Gen 2 Sonos Connect devices that are still supported? I would like to pair up with my Beam in the living room and wondering can this device serve this purpose.

I understand these are now discontinued by Sonos and replaced by the Port but think its overkill for my need as I just want to link up a pair of bookshelf speakers. Is this the best price available on these?

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10064-sonos-connect-zone-player-zp90.aspx
    Hi henke,

Thanks for the post!

You can connect the ZP90 up with the Beam in the same music system but you would be unable to use it to run surround sound if that's what you mean? You would need a Sonos Amp to be able to run surround sound with passive speakers!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

Hi henke,

Thanks for the post!

You can connect the ZP90 up with the Beam in the same music system but you would be unable to use it to run surround sound if that's what you mean? You would need a Sonos Amp to be able to run surround sound with passive speakers!

Kind regards

David
    Yeah there powered active speakers I think correctly connected to a Chromecast Audio. I wanted to replace this and connect it to my Sonos system and think this fits the bill.

Hi henke,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Yeah there powered active speakers I think correctly connected to a Chromecast Audio. I wanted to replace this and connect it to my Sonos system and think this fits the bill.
    Hi henke,

You can connect the ZP90 to your powered speakers so long as they have an RCA input then it will link with the Beam via the Sonos app!

Let me know if you have any other queries!

Kind regards

David

Hi henke,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hi henke,

You can connect the ZP90 to your powered speakers so long as they have an RCA input then it will link with the Beam via the Sonos app!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks. I am wondering is 199 sterling the absolute best price that can be done on these? I know Sonos have discontinued it in favour of the Port so I assume once existing stock is gone that is it.

Hi henke,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hi henke,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks. I am wondering is 199 sterling the absolute best price that can be done on these? I know Sonos have discontinued it in favour of the Port so I assume once existing stock is gone that is it.
    Hi Henke.

Thanks for coming back to us.

The current £199 is already the clearance price on the Connects.
    I would say that once stock runs out on them we will not see anymore.

Any questions please let us know.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks. I will place an online order this evening.

Ok thanks. I will place an online order this evening.
    No problem at all Henke.

If you have any problems please let us know.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.