Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping knives to Ireland

Options
  • 28-03-2020 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

This has probably been done to death but I couldn't find it.
    Importing knives online. What's the story. Will it be allowed through customs. I brought knives back from america in me luggage without problems.
    So ordering off wish, Ebay etc what's the craic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

This has probably been done to death but I couldn't find it.....

Have a look here....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058056551

Bought plenty over the internet. When I purchased form UK I had to either make a declaration as to my age or send proof (edited photo of Driving Licence). No issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Have a look here....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058056551

Bought plenty over the internet. When I purchased form UK I had to either make a declaration as to my age or send proof (edited photo of Driving Licence). No issues at all.

But apart from the uk everything was ok? Just knives now not sword or anything like that mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Yep, as far as I can recall, I've got some from France, Spain and Germany.
    Lads I know have got them from US and others got various chefs knives from EU and Asia.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Yep, as far as I can recall, I've got some from France, Spain and Germany.
    Lads I know have got them from US and others got various chefs knives from EU and Asia.

Thanks mate
    Really appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Al_Bundy

This has probably been done to death but I couldn't find it.
    Importing knives online. What's the story. Will it be allowed through customs. I brought knives back from america in me luggage without problems.

Bought a few chefs knives from the states and while they were opened by customs they came through with no issues. Prob depends on the type of knife if you get hit with duties or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

my mates after buying me onein the states but i reckon it will be months before i get it ,if at all..he has his own troubles living just outside new york,so i may have to go again and try buy another myself and see what happens

Advertisement