Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zoology pictures by Posters

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Hey guys I' not back yet so you'll have to forgive me that I can upload only a few shots at a time but when I get back I'll upload them more efficiently.

Sorry about the quality as well. These were taken with a camera and the picture of the elephant was taken when an ele was extremely close to me ad in fairness scared the crap out of me!

Where did you take these SE??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Where did you take these SE??

Sorry Birdnuts the first two were taken in East and west Tanzania and the last two were taken in the Ituri forest in the north-east Congo. Near the Okapi reserve. The Okapi reserve is unfortunatly off limits at the moment due to threat of poachers but I hope to see a wild okapi. The chances of that happening though are extremely slim I've been told.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,392 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks like you've had some good luck so far with seeing stuff, hopefully it keeps up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Did you take a trip to see any gorillas in Congo, Ed?
    I'd love to head over myself when I have the money. Especially to Congo / Rwanda purely to see gorillas.

aidoh wrote: »
    Did you take a trip to see any gorillas in Congo, Ed?
    I'd love to head over myself when I have the money. Especially to Congo / Rwanda purely to see gorillas.

Hey Aidoh unfortunately I didn't :(. That's another area that's of limits at the moment. The Okapi reserve is one of the few areas safe to tourists but unluckily the okapi center is off limits for a few days!

DSC00055.jpg

A male fischers chameleon (Kinyongia fischeri). The speed at which he changed color is amazing!

DSC00214.jpg

Olive baboons having a bit of a play!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Only just started poking my nose in the Zoology forum today, don't know why I didn't sooner!

Photos from Fota Wildlife Park:

36271_487360802545_8030958_n.jpg

168775_487361162545_5963116_n.jpg

163026_487365737545_1887972_n.jpg

And this stag was in Coole Park in Galway:

423762_10150508785367546_1070073132_n.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,392 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Some really great shots there! I've still never been to Fota, must do something about that soon.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Some really great shots there! I've still never been to Fota, must do something about that soon.

Thanks. It's well worth it. They may not have as many species as Dublin Zoo but it's very spaced out and they have loads of room :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

That cheetah looks particularly browned off. Deadly photos!

aidoh wrote: »
    That cheetah looks particularly browned off. Deadly photos!

He does doesn't he? :p Thank you! :)

Advertisement