Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"worst scientific scandal in history"

• 11-07-2008 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

http://www.alabamawx.com/?p=7509

Interesting article on 'gobble warming'.

Personally I believe global warming is a scam, designed to take away our freedoms & cash.

It seems more & more people I discuss this issue with are beginning to believe that it is also a scam.

Of course the majority cannot reason for themselves and only repeat what then see and hear on the main stream media, therefore they are in Pennys buying shorts and t shirts & crying out for 'carbon credits'.

I could do with my share of global warming at the minute, i'm sick of this rain. Anyway guys, im off to put on my wetsuit and head to the golf.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

grainne_ed wrote: »
    http://www.alabamawx.com/?p=7509

Interesting article on 'gobble warming'.
    That's not an article - it's a blog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Of course the majority cannot reason for themselves and only repeat what then see and hear on the main stream media, therefore they are in Pennys buying shorts and t shirts & crying out for 'carbon credits'.

2 points:
    1. The majority are like you: Will believe this bullshìt psuedo-science from anyone who tells you what you want to here, i.e. "Its not your problem, don't worry about it, do what you want"

2. Global warming is just one of the consequences of human activity.
    In the long term, it may turn out to be the worst consequence, or it may be that its only a minor effect compared to the natural temperature cycle of the planet & solar system.

I'm not convinced either way on global warming, but I'm not going to come to a definitive conclusion based on a blog by some redneck in Alabama.

Whether the global warming theories turn out to be right or wrong, pollution is an unarguable problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 grainne_ed

Gurgle wrote: »
    2 points:
    1. The majority are like you: Will believe this bullshìt psuedo-science from anyone who tells you what you want to here, i.e. "Its not your problem, don't worry about it, do what you want"

2. Global warming is just one of the consequences of human activity.
    In the long term, it may turn out to be the worst consequence, or it may be that its only a minor effect compared to the natural temperature cycle of the planet & solar system.

I'm not convinced either way on global warming, but I'm not going to come to a definitive conclusion based on a blog by some redneck in Alabama.

Whether the global warming theories turn out to be right or wrong, pollution is an unarguable problem.

Believe me, it is my problem.

When the government come knocking on my door for even more taxes with these carbon credits it becomes my problem.

Global warming is not a consequence of human activity.

I respect the environment and everyone has a obligation to act responsibly. The problem is the government pushing an agenda to reduce out rights & increase taxes.

The problem is the government pushing an agenda to reduce out rights & increase taxes.
    Are they?

djpbarry wrote: »
    Are they?

Yes.

One example is the new annual bin charge introduced by Fingal CoCo, paid in addition to the bin tags & all other taxes paid.

• Advertisement

One example is the new annual bin charge introduced by Fingal CoCo, paid in addition to the bin tags & all other taxes paid.
    This is bad because? We shouldn't have to pay any taxes, right?

What's this an example of? Any other examples?

Why should residents of Fingal get free rubbish collection while the rest of the country pays for it?

And do you not understand that rubbish has more to do with pollution than global warming?
    Global warming is not a consequence of human activity.
    The top scientists in the world don't know for certain. The consensus among those educated people is that global warming is at least partly caused by human activity.

But you know its not because you read it on the blog of some redneck Alabama farmer?
    grainne_ed wrote:
    When the government come knocking on my door for even more taxes with these carbon credits it becomes my problem...
    I respect the environment and everyone has a obligation to act responsibly.
    Ah, its all fine then.
    If you respect the environment and act responsibly you won't have to pay those extra taxes for carbon credits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The biggest scientific scandal in recent years was the case of a guy who faked his PhD and all subsequent research papers.

/not knocking global warming here - I believe that it is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Yes.

(a) The rest of the country has had to pay for refuse collection for years. Get used to it.
    (b) Landfill space is at a premium as is the cost of buying land. Planning objections/obstructions to landfills are rife. The only option councils have is to make it financially punitive for people to want to dump refuse and encourage reduction in household waste.

djpbarry wrote: »
    This is bad because? We shouldn't have to pay any taxes, right?

What's this an example of? Any other examples?

So you like paying taxes??

And you like increase in taxes??

Brian Cowan is that you?

• Advertisement

Gurgle wrote: »
    Why should residents of Fingal get free rubbish collection while the rest of the country pays for it?

And do you not understand that rubbish has more to do with pollution than global warming?

The top scientists in the world don't know for certain. The consensus among those educated people is that global warming is at least partly caused by human activity.

But you know its not because you read it on the blog of some redneck Alabama farmer?

Ah, its all fine then.
    If you respect the environment and act responsibly you won't have to pay those extra taxes for carbon credits.

Oh here we go. The old block head chip on the shoulder irishman argument.

'Oh well, if we have to pay it, so should they'

The government is ripping everyone off. I dont think anyone should have to pay bin charges.

I cant believe everyone here is all for the government taking even more of their money in taxes.

Do you lot all work for the government by anychance? Or has the media indoctrination got you real bad?

I mean would you not rather have the money in your pocket?

KerranJast wrote: »
    (a) The rest of the country has had to pay for refuse collection for years. Get used to it.
    (b) Landfill space is at a premium as is the cost of buying land. Planning objections/obstructions to landfills are rife. The only option councils have is to make it financially punitive for people to want to dump refuse and encourage reduction in household waste.

Why should we have to get used to it? I pay enough taxes without all these additional charges.

How is landfill space at a premium. Most farmers in this country are being paid a fortune not to produce anything with their land. Maybe free landfill should be the reward to tax payers for having to pay what is nothing more the 'supercharged dole payment' to lazy farmers.

Do you work for the council or something?

Oh here we go. The old block head chip on the shoulder irishman argument.

'Oh well, if we have to pay it, so should they'

The government is ripping everyone off. I dont think anyone should have to pay bin charges.
    Either the whole country should get free rubbish collection, or nobody. Why should you get a "free" service paid for by my taxes, while I have to pay for the same service?
    Do you lot all work for the government by anychance? Or has the media indoctrination got you real bad?

So the media have us fooled by reporting what the scientists are saying, but you know better because you read this blog.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement