Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposal of Lime ??

Options
  • 05-01-2008 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

...if copied this post from the DIY forum...not sure which is the right thread.....

Doing a major garden shed clear-out...and almost a full bag (4st) of lime to get rid of. Any suggestions for the best/safest way of getting rid of it ??. Not sure if the council collect-points in Dublin would take it.....

Many thanks,
    K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

I thought lime is a natural fertiliser? Its handy for the PH balance of the soil, perhaps some that enjoys growing veg/flowers might use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I think you could spread it lightly on your lawn not all in one place as it might burn the grass farmers spread lime on land for reps etc so it must do it some good
    could also be used to whitewash buildings if mixed with water

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I'd research this further before pouring a heap of lime on your garden. Also I think the recycling park in Ballyogan accepts lime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Plant some lime trees

Mix with lemon to make lemon and lime drink:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭irishsurfer

Give it to a farmer, or someone with a garden in an acidic area.
    Spread lightly - provided it is not quicklime.

Balances out the PH for a few years

• Advertisement
Advertisement